My Odd Moon

Aeric

I had my chart created, and I noticed that almost all of my signs are arranged in neat triangles, which I assume indicates very strong, co-operative signs. But then there's the Moon that conspicuously lies far out and away from everything else.

I know nothing about interpreting; can this mean anything? Am I heavily influenced by the Moon?

Also, Libra appears to anchor almost all of the triangles and has the monopoly. Am I blessed or cursed to be forever in equilibrium or something?

Attachments

• astro.gif
    astro.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 126

zhan.thay

I had my chart created, and I noticed that almost all of my signs are arranged in neat triangles, which I assume indicates very strong, co-operative signs.
The triangles you noticed are formed by what astrologers call 'aspects' and are represented by those coloured lines in your chart. The longest blue lines are called 'trines' and are said to indicate a harmonious (or co-operative) interaction of the energies represented by the planets at each end. You have Mars trine Neptune and North Node of the Moon trine Uranus. The shorter blue lines are called 'sextiles' and have a similar but possibly lesser harmony than trines. A simplistic analogy might be like a skill (sextile) to a talent (trine). Trines have about 120 degrees between the planets they connect, sextiles 60 degrees.

The red lines, on the other hand, indicate a more difficult connection. Squares (90 degrees) and semi-squares (45 degrees) can show tensions and challenges. Your chart doesn't show an 'opposition' (180 degrees) but they are usually drawn as red lines too and, for obvious reasons, can mean strong polarity and/or seesawing. You have Mars square Uranus and the North node is shown having squares to the Sun, Pluto, Mercury and possibly Jupiter.

There is a plus and minus number of degrees, which astrologers call orbs (of influence) used for these aspects. Quite possibly, each astrologer has their own set of orbs they prefer, for various reasons, so different charts, for the same time, date and place, end up having more, or less, aspect lines.

For completion, the long green lines are for 'quincunxes' or 'inconjuncts' (150 degrees), which are sometimes seen as difficult, and the short ones 'semi-sextiles' (30 degrees) which are seen as a minor aspect like a weaker sextile. You have Moon quincunx Saturn, Mars semi-sextile North Node and Mercury semi-sextile Uranus.

Finally, you have (depending on the orbs used) a number of 'conjunctions' (0 degrees an not shown by lines) where the energies of the planets are said to be acting as one. Sun conjunct Jupiter and Pluto and possibly also Mercury and Saturn. These 5 'Planets' would be called a 'stellium'. Although it would be a wide orb, Venus is conjunct Uranus.

So, that's more an astrology lesson than telling you what it all means to an astrologer but it's almost 1am here and I want to quickly address your other points before I go to bed.
But then there's the Moon that conspicuously lies far out and away from everything else.

I know nothing about interpreting; can this mean anything? Am I heavily influenced by the Moon?
The general shape of your chart is called a 'bucket' or 'funnel' and the Moon being a singleton 'planet' does bring it into focus particularly when looking at it's sign (Taurus) and house position (11th house). Strong emotional attachments to your friends and circles of acquaintances is a cheap and cheerful look at that.
Also, Libra appears to anchor almost all of the triangles and has the monopoly. Am I blessed or cursed to be forever in equilibrium or something?
Libra doesn't necessarily equate to equilibrium. A few Libras I've met are inclined to jump on the other side of the scales when someone else expresses a strong opinion - to balance things up, of course, but the ensuing arguments and offense, well, you couldn't really call it equilibrium. The challenge will be for you to find out what each of those 5 means to you in terms of their position in Libra and in the 5th house (self-expression & creativity amongst other things) and try to synthesize those meanings into some sort of coherent conception of them acting as one.

Good luck and good night.

Minderwiz

Your Libra Stellium is indeed an important feature of your chart. The 'triangles' are really determined by having planets in Leo and Sagittarius, which effectively form sextiles to the Libra Stellium as well as forming a trine between Leo and Sagittarius. You would have had more equilateral triangles if you had the Leo/Sagittarius planets in Gemini and Aquarius (which are actually empty).

We had a similar question a couple of weeks ago, so you might be interested in looking at the answers to that one before coming back with any follow up queries, relating to your own chart.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=208622

eggcup

hi there, that's an interesting chart you have! it's really speaking loud and clear with all that cardinal energy! libra is a cardinal sign, as well as aries, capricorn, and cancer. cardinal signs are the "leaders" of the zodiac, and people with a preponderance of planets in them tend to be industrious and creative go-getter types. libra in particular gives this all a refined, diplomatic air, and it's likely that you have a love of art and design, and take pride in things like decorum and good manners, and are very focused on your relationships both friendly and romantic. or it's possible with all that uranus, saturn, and pluto energy that you've rebelled against these things? maybe that's an area you're due to revisit?

if i were you, i'd read up on stelliums -- which as minderwiz mentioned, is when you have two or more planets in one sign. having five planets in one sign is quite rare! your particular "brand" of libra is highly influenced by the characteristics of the planets involved in your stellium. there's a lot to yours, which is to say it's highly complex, so i would try to bite it off in manageable chunks so you don't feel overwhelmed. check out astro.com -- if you enter your birth data there you'll gain access to a ton of free readings -- daily horoscopes, personality readings, forecasts, etc. i still visit it practically daily to check out my transits after discovering ten years ago when i first took an interest in astrology!

another area of interest are some upcoming transits from slow moving outer planets uranus and pluto. looks like you have some sudden, dramatic (uranus) and incredibly forceful and deep rooted (pluto) events headed your way in the coming years. it makes sense that you are getting into astrology now, as it will likely help you understand and place those events in the larger framework of your life. remember that all the cardinal energy will serve you well when the dust settles and you're refining your life path. not to mention your charisma!

welcome to the world of astrology. glad you found it! it's incredibly rich and i wish you luck on your journey :)