Mystic Dreamer Tarot--Ace of Pentacles

afrosaxon

The Ace of Pentacles shows a pedestal of stacked stones that sit in the midst of a lush green field of grass and weeds. An ornate, curlicued gold pentacle sits in a circle of twining vines with little white flowers, and this circle is atop the pedestal, stuck in a red clay pot of purple flowers. Little white flowers are in the surrounding grass, and there is a dark patch (a lake?) off to the side and behind the pedestal. Butterflies and mushrooms are around the stone pedestal. An iron gate encircles the...garden? and a woman dressed in a long dark gown stands at the open door of the gate. She looks back at the pedestal and pentacle. Trees grown within and without the gate. Ten birds are flying in the sky in an upward formation.

Is that a lake or just a depression in the grass? Does it make a difference?

What's up with the flowers?

Why is the woman standing and looking at the pentacle? Why does she seem to be leaving the gated area?

What is the significance of the mushrooms? Mushrooms grown in abundance where there is lots of moisture (lots of moisture leads to lusher grass).

This stone pedestal is the only one that is made of separate stones stacked atop each other; the others are pedestals hewn out of one large piece of rock. Stacking stones is indicative of the physical labor aspect of the pentacles?

Thoughts?

T.

EarthFaery

This is my favorite card in the deck, :laugh: I want a tatoo just like it!
This whole deck has a very Pagan feel to me. On a mundane level it would just be money being made available, gifts, among other things, but on a deeper level to me it represents Paganism, the earth element, grounding and that all things grow from the earth itself in abundance, the flowers, grass and vine wrapped around it, the rock pedestal, the lush grass, mushrooms? where are they??? butterflies, everything including her, all are of the earth. The pentacle to me is a pentagram. I have one almost identical to it only in silver with the light blue stone in the middle which is why I can't help but see it as that. It's on a chain and there is a quartz crystal point on the other end. The book says that the woman is looking back because she overlooked this gift and sees it at the last minute but I don't see it that way, to me it looks like she went looking for something not knowing what exactly, but she finds the pentacle in a special place and knows that's what it was she was looking for when she saw it (I hope that makes sense) To me it looks like she's just giving it a last look before she leaves it and moves on to the next step. But I do understand the artists interpretation of her but that's not what it "looks" like to me :) As for the shaded area, I have no idea yet, for now it just looks like a shady spot but I'm sure it'll mean something at some point, and I still don't see the mushrooms even with the glasses on :laugh:
Love it :heart:
I like what you said about the stacking of the rocks and the physical labor, it makes a lot of sense.

meril13

this is my favorite of the Aces.

i think the flowers mean a new start or rebirth. it looks like spring time in the card.

im not sure what the "lake" its a yellowy color... toxic gass? :p rofl! umm actually it looks like a field of grass, flowers, or whatever with alot of pollen in it. or it could mean that the girl is seperated from the pentacle... the glowy stuff being a gate of some sorts...??

the stacking of stones could mean creativity or balance, or even both