Nature Speak.

Ange

For quite some time I have had the Nature Speak oracle cards, by the late Ted Andrews, which are the ones I am using at the moment, and have often wondered about buying the book....Nature Speak, Signs and Omens in Nature.

Well, today it arrived. and I have to say that I haven't seen such a good book for a long time.

447 pages, and 7" x 10" in size, it is a very comprehensive book on the subject of seeing signs in all aspects of nature.

It will no doubt take me a fair while to read through the whole book, and to be honest, I'm really looking forward to getting into it.

Ange x

linnie

A bit of a Ted Andrews fan, myself :)

I've never read anything by Ted Andrews that isn't delightfully well written and full to the brim with well-researched information. I only wish I owned more of his books, decks etc. Enjoy your new purchase... :)

faunabay

I finally just got the book Nature Speak myself. I've wanted it pretty much since it came out but kept putting it off.

Well I finally went for it and, as I suspected, I love it! :) I've had his Animal Speak book for years and the Nature Speak oracle deck for a year or so. Of course I needed to get the Nature Speak book!! :D

paraphysical

As Linnie said, "I've never read anything by Ted Andrews that isn't delightfully well written and full to the brim with well-researched information." Couldn't have said it any better. Though there are quite a few typographical errors throughout Nature Speak and his other works, it certainly does not detract from his writing. I always recommend Ted's books and oracles. They are a delight to work with.

autumn star

I have Ted Andrew's book - The Intercession of Spirits - working with angels, animals & ancestors. It was really good, kind of autobiographical but filled with heaps of information. I have always been interested in the Nature Speak book and have seen it in various bookstores - it looks like a really large and comprehensive book. Thanks for sharing your experiences - reading them will definately speed up the process of getting this book and perhaps one of his oracles too :)

Mellifluous

That's good to hear. :) It's been on my wish list for years. I still want it. (Wish the library had a copy I could peruse in the meantime. lol) I have that deck, too, and his Animal Speak books.

Ange

Just having a quick look through the book I've noticed a few things that have stood out.

The book seems to use numbers on a par with the Tarot.....one being the beginning, two duelality.....which I obviously can't spell....:).....three something new from the two's, four rest and recouperation , etc etc through to nine. Ted mentions the Hero starting the journey of life, meeting the Magician and the Wise One.

Colours are explained too, what each colour means.

There's a bit about astrology, and there are the obvious four 'suits' that I noticed when I first got the deck some time ago.....Landscapes, Seasons and Climates, Flowers, and Trees which relate to various parts of life, as the Tarot suits do.

Now I have the book, and am putting info from it together with the Nature Speak deck, I'm realising that there is a lot more to this little deck than I originally thought.

Ange x

BodhiSeed

Ange, this thread makes me want to dig out and dust off my Nature Speak book. I've had it for many years, and enjoy it as much as Andrews' Animal Speak books. I did have the NS oracle, but gave it away. I guess I wanted the pictures to be bigger, without borders. Now I'm wondering if I could use his NS book and create my own oracle from the meanings in it.

Ange

It would be interesting if you did get it out and go through it, and see if you see the similarities that I see with some of the Tarot stuff....:)

And I think it would be quite easy to use the book as a guide for doing your own cards....:)

Ange x