Never seen this one before......

Mab

.I bought a deck off ebay recently....does anyone know what it is?

Oh, I've just found out I can't add an image.. so I wil describe it. The cards are about 3 x 2.5 inches. It came without a box.

The figures are quite naively drawn, but very charming and colourful; and I like the black backgrounds on cards and backs. The court cards have pictures too, not just pips. The 4 of Pentacles is a pig in red trousers and a cap. The 10 of Swords has a man sitting onthe floor with all 10 swords in his back.

The Magician card has a hare, with a human face and hands, who is holding up a coin with the symbol of Mercury on it. The Chariot is a bicycle! The Fool is astride a big cat. The King and Queen of Cups are mer-people, and the Knight rides a whale..

The backs have a black background, with an eight pointed sun in the centre, with 2 moons and a lot of foliage and flowers, in which sits a man playing or reading cards. He has a hat with a feather. The images are mirrored, so that you can't tell if the cards are reversed.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase. The cherry on the cake would be finding out what it is :)

danielnogo

You can go to a site like http://postimg.org/ and upload the pics and paste a link here. Best way to get an answer, as a description is going to be hard to match by just describing it, there are thousands of decks.

Mab

Thank you for that danielnogo! But I see that whilst I was struggling to get the right url (bit technologically challenged, I'm afraid) PathWalker has nailed it, for which many thanks :) I have the Tarot Nova!

tarotbear

OH! I have that in miniature form! The book is only 2.75" x 3.25" and the cards are the size of my thumbnail! The cards are in a teeny box attached to the book with a ribbon. I have never separated the cards:

Attachments

• mini Tarot Nova 001.jpg
    mini Tarot Nova 001.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 98
  • mini Tarot Nova 002.jpg
    mini Tarot Nova 002.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 99

Mab

Hey tarotbear, I found the book & tiny cards on eBay shortly after you posted... Brill!