New spin on the High Priestess

septimus

Looking at Lillie's wonderful High Priestess, just wanted to observe that it often means that the result rests on someone's naked intuition, often a woman's but not always. What do you think?

Sar

What do you mean with "naked Intuition"?

Intotouch

When you say the result rests on someones naked intuition do you mean is determined by? What does it say then about that choice? Will it be the best choice to make?

canid

Looking at Lillie's wonderful High Priestess, just wanted to observe that it often means that the result rests on someone's naked intuition, often a woman's but not always. What do you think?

I've read your post over & over, but I'm still a bit confused. But I think maybe I finally get it. When you say 'result' do you really mean 'interpretation'? If so, then yeah, you're right on.

Plus, I'm not sure about *Lillie*, the deck you're referencing. Tarot of Ascension ? Lillie's Frog Tarot? Whichever deck, the HP often refers to intuition, which I suppose could be construed as 'naked', or 'women's intuition', or mysteries, secrets, wisdom, knowledge. It does usually refer to the feminine aspect, be it a man or a woman; we all have male & female attributes, regardless of our physical gender.

gregory

I'm guessing the Beardsley ? (I don't know what she would have to do with the Tarot of Ascension anyway...)

I HOPE this link works...

Or there was the frogs - but that is no longer on line.

canid

I'm guessing the Beardsley ? (I don't know what she would have to do with the Tarot of Ascension anyway...)

I HOPE this link works...

Or there was the frogs - but that is no longer on line.

Thanks for the link. Huh. I've not seen that deck before but I don't get out much ;) . It doesn't seem like anyone's very happy in that deck...eek. But the Empress certainly isn't naked.

No, I just googled 'lillie tarot' again & Tarot of Ascension still came up. Perhaps because Lillie did a review on that deck & I didn't delve further?