New thoughts of the 6 of Swords

Morgan Le Fei

It occurred to me today after drawing this card, that perhaps the three figures in this card represent aspects of the self: Female/Yin/Emotional, Male/Yang/Active, and the inner child who needs protection.

Today the card sent a loud and clear confirmation towards something I really did already know must be done: to distance myself from a situation in order to protect myself and bring about positive change.

I'd never seen the 6 of Swords quite like this before.

balenciaga

Good observation.
It can also be the need for "escape", to get to that place of calm, wherever that may be for you. For some, it could be the golf course :)

6 Haunted Days

I tend to do this when I interpet the 5 of Swords, that the 2 people in the background are persona's of mine or subpersonalities...using that technique with the 6 of Swords is a great idea too!

Morgan Le Fei

Thanks for pointing that out re: the 5 of swords. I've often wondered bout those two!

willowfox

Morgan Le Fei said:
Today the card sent a loud and clear confirmation towards something I really did already know must be done: to distance myself from a situation in order to protect myself and bring about positive change.

That is exactly the message of this card, let go of the past and go somewhere new and virgin.

Horace

is this what you mean?

This was in my journal. Had to have come from this site somewhere. :) It's always stuck in my mind for the 6 of swords...

Going thru the void...the void occurs when you are letting go of an aspect of your personality self that no longer fits who you are becoming. It represents a new level of surrendering your personality to the guidance of your Higher Self; it is the birth of a new part of your Higher Self into this reality. You will experience the void again and again as you grow. In this state you may feel your life is changing rapidly,(oh no) something new is coming,(yes, but when?) or your foundations are falling away(yep), leaving you with nothing solid to hang onto. You may feel something is happening inside but not feel or see any changes in your life yet.
The Transition, the actual move..the swords in the boat shows regardless of who you are in the boat, don't forget you are taking your "problems", the situations with you. This transition isn't going to make it 'better', only different. When you get to the next place you are going, you can work on the problems again. Just realize that the move isn't going to 'fix' what is wrong. It will only help bring a different perspective, or even make it easier to work out.

That always made sense to me...Hh