Ok, here's the first one

missycab

Hi, first of all... some words about me (I have already introduced myself in the respective thread, but some extra words won't do any harm, will they?). Ok, last year I bought my first (and only, so far), tarot deck. It's a Marseilles. I also bought a book. I usually do readings for friends, so I can learn (I use them as my guinea pigs!). But unfortunately, I can't study tarot very much, because I'm at university (I'm always studying for exams). :eek:(

Well, a few days ago, I entered this forum (The Tarot deck creation). And I liked it so much! I decided to start making a deck (notice the "start": I don't know if I'll ever finish it!). So, I started with The fool, a card I like a lot! I just finished it, and that's why I'm posting it. I enjoyed making it, because it was a little break from my studies... And it brought me back memories from my "younger" days! (when I used to have time to draw... sniff)

The background is in a very light blue. And the sun rays are in gold (I found my old golden pencil). The phrase (which is a popular saying in Spanish, my mother tongue) says "De poeta y de loco todo el mundo tiene un poco". Translation: "everyone has a little of poet and crazy". All the spirals indicate "air", which according to my book, is the element of this card. I based the image in an old medieval image of a peasant cropping the fields. To paint it I used regular pencils (the cliff and background), and "water-color pencils" for the rest (do you have them? They look like regular pencils, you paint with them, and afterwards you use a paintbrush with a little water over it?).

Ok, I should go and study now. And afterwards I'll start with the magician (EL MAGO). I plan to use popular sayings with each of the mayor arcana, in any language. So if you have any saying that could go with the magician, I'll be thankful!

SEE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

PS: I almost forgot!!!!!! Here's the link!!! (silly me!)

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-60PHZ1A8crXKqPQqoJfgTQ--?cq=1

tarot4fun

Hi missycab,
I like El Loco! :)
It looks like you are off to a fine start!
Blessings~ :heart:
Suz

Debra

I like it too!

Shackles

card

Looks good, keep going. Love the spanish.

AJ

Nice job, I like the spiral words effect. I can't even draw a stick man but I think drawing a deck would be a great way to get to know the cards better.

rissa

AJ said:
Nice job, I like the spiral words effect. I can't even draw a stick man but I think drawing a deck would be a great way to get to know the cards better.
Just wait til you see my deck in MY mastered medium---macaroni and glue. :cool:

Missycab, I've just recently discovered a love for decks with that hand-drawn feel. Look forward to seeing the whole deck.

Educatio

:)

Hi Missycab!

I've just seen the Fool of yours and I must say I like it a lot: it's fresh, clean. The spirally put sayings are a splendid idea. Way to go, girl! ;)
The card revokes nice and positive thoughts only. I've got no idea how you will manage to tell the bad things to your "guinea pigs";)

All the best,

Maia

missycab

Thanks you all! *blushes* :D

Ok, I finished The magician (El mago). Actually, I see him more as an alchemist (but the title "El Alquimista" is too long), and that's why I did some research in an old book of my mom's about Alchemy. I also related him to alchemy because his planet is Mercury... Mercury --> Hermes --> Hermes Trimegistos (or something like that). The phrase is in latin and it says "Solve et coagula", which was the motto of alchemy (I was afraid to be confused and write "solve et repete" instead... which means "pay now and repeat later" and it's used in Tax Law... Ok, now you can see what I'm studying - Law). Also the Sun is mixed with the Moon, and that's what alchemist tried to do (mix gold and silver, and also obtain it... using the Philosophal Stone!). The background is grey, the color of mercury -not the planet, but the element.

(ha ha ha....he's dressed in red and blue, with vertical stripes... it looks like the T-Shirt of a national Soccer Team!).

Now I have to search for inspiration to make the Priestess (in the Marseilles deck she's Le papisse)... mmmm.... I'll try to find nun's images from the Middle Ages...

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-60PHZ1A8crXKqPQqoJfgTQ--?cq=1