OK, I'm sooo lost!

kmartin60

I hope it's ok that I ask for some info or definition's this way, if not please just delete this post....I have just started learning more about astrology, and like it states in the main info sticky..first get a natal report, then books, books, etc. read, read...but have just gotten so lost on some of this that was listed at end of one of the reports! (Especially the trines, squares, conjunctions, opposites, etc.etc.) my head is a hurting and spinning! Maybe I'm denser than I thought...LOL HELP?

Planetary positions planet sign degree motion
Sun Aries 16°13'50 in house 12 direct
Moon Taurus 9°57'33 in house 1 direct
Mercury Aries 6°22'18 in house 12 direct
Venus Taurus 3°09'43 in house 1 direct
Mars Pisces 19°44'16 in house 12 direct
Jupiter Pisces 2°27'10 in house 11 direct
Saturn Aquarius 9°46'10 end of house 10 direct
Uranus Leo 26°43'56 in house 5 retrograde
Neptune Scorpio 12°48'57 in house 7 retrograde
Pluto Virgo 7°57'32 in house 5 retrograde
True Node Leo 16°07'36 in house 5 retrograde
Planets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.

House positions (Placidus)Ascendant Aries 26°12'54
2nd House Taurus 29°18'37
3rd House Gemini 23°30'13
Imum Coeli Cancer 15°29'55
5th House Leo 9°51'23
6th House Virgo 11°56'23
Descendant Libra 26°12'54
8th House Scorpio 29°18'37
9th House Sagittarius 23°30'13
Medium Coeli Capricorn 15°29'55
11th House Aquarius 9°51'23
12th House Pisces 11°56'23

Major aspectsSun Sextile Saturn 6°28
Moon Conjunction Venus 6°48
Moon Sextile Jupiter 7°30
Moon Square Saturn 0°11
Moon Opposition Neptune 2°51
Moon Trine Pluto 2°00
Mercury Sextile Saturn 3°24
Mercury Quincunx Pluto 1°35
Venus Sextile Jupiter 0°43
Venus Trine Pluto 4°48
Jupiter Opposition Uranus 5°43
Jupiter Opposition Pluto 5°30
Saturn Square Neptune 3°03
Saturn Quincunx Pluto 1°49
Uranus Trine Ascendant 0°31
Neptune Sextile Pluto 4°51
Numbers indicate orb (deviation from the exact aspect angle).

dadsnook2000

How big a bite to take?

You may be expecting too much of yourself. Being able to understand a natal chart is something that may require six months to two years or more of study.

Slow down. Look at your Sun's position by sign and house. What does it mean to you? Look at your Moon's position by sign and house. What does it mean to you? How might they work together, how might they clash. Spend a couple of weeks just considering these questions. Read all that you can about these two astrological bodies.

Later you can start looking at the rest of the chart. Don't try to bite off more than you can chew. Learning is a step by step process. Dave.

sweet_intuition

Hey kmartin60

Astrology is a vast subject, and at times it can be daunting for someone new. There are millions of books on astrology, however most of them end up confusing a novice than actually help them.

Being a self-taught astrologer, I've relied on three things to teach me... Books.. Intuition.. and Practice.

Here are some books I recommend to people who would like to learn about astrology but don't know where to start:-

- My World of Astrology - Sydney Omarr
- The Manual of Astrology - Sepharial
- Parker's Astrology - Julia and Derek Parker
- Aspects - Charles Carter
- The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need - Joanna Martine Woolfolk
- Any book by Alan Leo and Evangeline Adams (The father and mother of Modern Astrology)

Start with these, and with a little patience you'll get a better understanding of Astrology.

Hope this Helps

Love and Blessings

:)

paradoxx

conjunctions, when two objects become one focus

Your moon and venus conjunct in your second house might indicate that you are protective of your possessions and money (2nd house=finances and material, moon=emotional base and key to human cycles, venus=wealth and prosperity on a material realm). You follow through with some hefty intuition but your emotions might go into overdrive if you are pushed. You are deeply offended at the idea of being a cash "cow" but may alienate people when secrecy and aggressive nature take center stage. You probably have an affiniation to emerald and jade, but have a more powerful spiritual connection to moonstone.

kmartin60

Thanks!

Thank guys......I have already made a new note book just for this! Started yesterday on my sun & moon and how/what they mean to me.....and also have started looking thru the different online bookstores for some of the titles suggested!

Also, yes..I am extremely hmmm...paranoid? And possessive of my possessions! Only because my hubby and daughter think its all junk!

(okay, okay! I am a packrat!) LOL and they tease about how next time I go in for surgery they are gonna CLEAN house! Im sorry not funny! hmmm..wonder how long I can put off next pacemaker? LOL

And I LOVE Jade and Emerald! (I have a old jade heart bigger than a half dollar that was my grandma's) But have never seen a moonstone! hmmm..better go surf some more! :) Once again thanks guys! Bright Blessings, Kim

dadsnook2000

Another on-line resource

Kim, you might also want to peek at the Planet Series threads. There are three, one for the Sun, one for the Moon, and one for how they can relate to each other. A lot of the AT members participated in these self-educational threads so you'll get a lot of good non-cookbook, reallife information. Dave

Briar Rose

I found that any books by Linda Goodman explain things well.