Old Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards

SherryZoned

I went to a garage sale today...One of my faveorite hobbys...Anyway...Guess what I bought for a quarter...
Old Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards.

The box is really rough looking but you can still see the picture on top... The cards are in pretty good condition..Except for each one having a crease in teh middle where it looks like they had been folded....some slight discolaration..According to the book there are thirty two cards..which there is...also..in the book the copyright is 1936,1937...I just think is an awesome find considering how old they are..in such excellent conditon..Just wanted to share it with you...Does anyone have these cards and use? the book does say how to use the whole deck in one spread...

starfish66

Congrats on your find, RedWood!

Redwood -

How awesome is that? Congratulations on your find. I've never seen it in person, but have seen them online. And to think that you found them at a garage sale (this could almost be put in the strangest place you've seen Tarot thread :D)

:TSUN Starfish

Ravenswing

gipsy fortunes

redwood--

i just got this deck in a swap. or at least it sounds like the same--it's got 36 cards.

mine are published by piatnik and have the titles of the card in six languages, the lwb in four. my copyright date is 1986, so, if they are the same, you've got a much older version. it gives three different spreads called 'rows' (this one uses the entire deck), 'wheel of fortune' and 'the gipsy's answer'. but there are no explaination for the cards because "the cards are explicit enoughin their connotations to make a detailed commentary unnecessary."

same deck??

i'm going to give them some test runs. i'll get back with my opinions...

raven

SherryZoned

forgot i posted this thread LOL...

Mine is only 32 cards one language and lots of orange colors...It does have the spreads you talk about..