Pearls of Wisdom Tarot 2nd Ed. vs. 3Ed.

Tarot dance

***I have the 2nd edition of the Pearls of Wisdom Tarot and love it...but I am aware that there is now a 3rd edition of the deck...

***I am just wondering if I should get the 3rd Edition or just stay with my 2nd edition....

***The only reason I would get the 3rd editions is if there are significant changes to the deck...

***Does anyone have both 2nd Ed. and 3rd Ed. of the Pearls of Wisdom and have done any kind of comparison...

***Is there a difference in the decks...

***Thanks in advance

danieljuk

I have the 1st and 3rd editions of the deck (I kinda love it! :) ) and seen the editions compared on AT before, so if I remember rightly.....

the 1st edition has white borders on the cards and Roxi wasn't so happy with how the LWB turned out. The boxes tend to fall apart with age. They had a gloss finish and a plasticy peely lamination which wasn't popular on AT.

the 2nd edition has darker borders so your eye is not drawn to the glaring white (I think they are dark blue) but still the card is in the middle with borders, the LWB was still not exactly how she wanted. They were matt finish and larger in size, much better stock.

the 3rd edition is the edition she wanted to make herself without the publisher interference. The original paintings were rephotographed in the best quality and the card takes up the whole mini or larger size. So they are borderless and a glorious HD representation of the original works. She provides loads of little books with it which give far more than the original! I don't believe there is any changes in her actual card artwork. They are linen card stock and UV coated.

I did buy the 1st and 3rd and if you are happy with the 2nd, there isn't much point upgrading unless you really want borderless cards or the extras.

in the 3rd edition, the extras depend on the set you buy and the price, there is a jumbo size or poker size for each pack....

bronze edition includes -

1 "Pearls" of Wisdom Book - Little bits of Knowledge and Insight
1 The Complete Wisdom Book - Full descriptions for each card for enhanced readings and understanding.

gold edition includes -

1 "Pearls" of Wisdom Book - Little bits of Knowledge and Insight
1 The Complete Wisdom Book
1 Guided Meditations Book
1 Alphabetical Listings, Runes and Spreads book
1 Collectors Box

platinum edition includes (this is the everything complete set) -

Both size decks included
1 Complete Collection Book which includes: "Pearls" of Wisdom - Little bits of Knowledge and Insight, The Compete Wisdom, Alphabetical Listing, Runes, and Spreads, Guided Meditations
1 Pearls of Wisdom Journal Book - keep the details of your readings
1 Spread layout board - great for readings with other people
1 Collectors Box

so you can see that you get a lot more with the 3rd edition with the little books that come with it and extras. The 3rd edition is definitely the best depiction of her gorgeous artwork :)

Tarot dance

..Wow, thank you

.....I do love me some borderless cards so I will have to get the 3rd ed.....

..........thank you again...

danieljuk

hehe the borderless is irresistible :) :thumbsup:

I was looking for this earlier and found it now but here is a post by Roxi with the card images and one of them is a comparison between 1st edition, 2nd and the poker and jumbo sizes of the 3rd here

Hexi

thank you!!

thank you for your wonderful answer to the difference between the editions. We re-photographed all the original paintings with a Zeiss lens and the cards are 300dpi compared with 72 dpi of the first two editions. So they are high definition. And borderless, and now in linen with UV. And the books I wrote myself, with all the meanings of the symbolism used in the deck as it is not a clone of other decks.

Thanks again for your wonderful review here. Cheers Hexi