pendulum direction meanings

hermit-IX

what are the standard directions (i realize you can make your own)

i know front back is yes generally
side to side is no

what is top left bottom right
what is top right bottom left

and what is counter clock wise
and clock wise

TarotTreat

I have one pendulum that goes forward and back, and one that goes in circles.

I'd recommend just asking basic questions you know the answer to, like "Is my name Milo?" (Yes). "Do I live on the moon?" (No). To get an idea of the meanings. For me, my pendulum does forward for yes, sideways for no, circles for an unclear question or i dont know, and doesn't go diagonal.

If your pendulum is going diagonally, it could be an I don't Know or a maybe. Just ask if it means maybe or something!

Apollonia

what are the standard directions (i realize you can make your own)

i know front back is yes generally
side to side is no

what is top left bottom right
what is top right bottom left

and what is counter clock wise
and clock wise
I tell my pendulums what I want them to do, so that it is consistent with each pendulum. They will do this readily if you tell them what you want. I have six or seven pendulums, pretty much one in each room of the house, and if I let them just do whatever each one wanted, I would never know what they were saying.

For me, circular motion in either direction is "Yes," front to back is "No," top left is "Yes but..." etc.

Pique Dame

According to the chart that came with the one I bought yesterday, front to back is Yes. Side to side is No. Diagonal to the right is Maybe. Diagonal to the left is DWA (Don't Want to Answer). It's hard to tell when it's going diagonal, though. When I started using it in the store, I asked it to swing for Yes and it went front to back. Then I said show me No and it went side to side. I didn't even see the chart until later, so it seems the directions were already predetermined. But I will always start out each session by asking it to show me Yes and No first just for good measure.

headincloud

I just programme my pendulums for 'yes' clockwise rotation, 'no' as counter clockwise.

Rhinemaiden

My pendulums are consistent... I say "show me YES".... and each one goes side to side, when I say "show me NO"... each one pauses, then moves in a small circle. (frankly, for yes/no queries it's easier to use my Magic 8 ball ;) )

Pique Dame

They've been pretty consistent with me, too. Earlier today it was swinging in a circle clockwise. I asked what that meant and it swung "Ready." Then later it started swinging rather forcefully in a counterclockwise circle. I asked what that meant and it just kept spinning like an agitated wasp. I'm not sure what that meant but I'm guessing nothing good?

ncharge

I ask the pendulum to "give me a yes", then "Give me a no" every time I use it. The pendulum gives me the answer for the day. I also ask it if it is more than 90% accurate today. Sometimes, it says no, and I move on to a different pendulum.

I also sometimes ask it to give me an "I don't know" and a "maybe". Those are usually circles and it helps me know if the pendant that won't swing (just circles) is saying that the future is unclear or just that it doesn't know at this time.

Pique Dame

I ask the pendulum to "give me a yes", then "Give me a no" every time I use it. The pendulum gives me the answer for the day. I also ask it if it is more than 90% accurate today. Sometimes, it says no, and I move on to a different pendulum.

I also sometimes ask it to give me an "I don't know" and a "maybe". Those are usually circles and it helps me know if the pendant that won't swing (just circles) is saying that the future is unclear or just that it doesn't know at this time.

That's interesting about "I Don't Know" because I asked mine if it ever doesn't know the answer to a question and it said "No." I did get a "Don't Want to Answer" a few times, but further questions revealed that I either was not meant to know the answer at that time, or it was dependent on my taking action first.

Pique Dame

After a few weeks of regular dowsing, I've learned from my pendulum that the "maybe/ready" position (diagonal to the right) can also mean things like "Well, yes and no" or "Sort of" or "You're on the right track, but keep going."