Phrasing Questions Help Please.

TinaTarot

I would like to know if I am doing a Birthday reading do I need to phrase a question? And If I am doing a 1 or 3-5 card reading what should be the time limit? I know a 3-5 card reading should not take more than 15 minutes...right?

Thank you!

tarotbear

To make it easier for you - for a birthday reading you should only ask for the next 12 months - until their next birthday - when you can be hired again to do another reading! :p

The question should be simple - such as 'Tell us about the next 12 months of So-n-So's life.'

You can get very complicated and do a reading with 12 cards - one card for each month - but it's best to keep things light when you are reading for someone's birthday - or at someone's birthday party. :laugh:

closetLibrarian

Hi Tina!

I wasn't sure if you meant you were doing a reading for yourself or someone else? if it's your birthday you could always ask something like "Where should my focus be today?"

If you are reading for someone else, let them guide you. A three card past->present->future might be a good start.

I'm not a professional reader so I'm not too fixated on time limits. Sometimes I leave personal cards out all day just to refer to them. Make a note of what you see and check it at a later time, just for fun.

DuchessOfDaisy

I would like to know if I am doing a Birthday reading do I need to phrase a question? And If I am doing a 1 or 3-5 card reading what should be the time limit? I know a 3-5 card reading should not take more than 15 minutes...right?

Thank you!

You could do a few different styles of reading for a birthday:
Example Questions:
1. What will the overall focus of this year be for _____?

2. A card for each season (every 3 months will give you 4 "seasons"=12 months).
This would give you more "generalized" information, unless a specific area is focused upon.

3. One card for each part of the Q's life- The soul level (spiritual fulfillment or you could look upon this card as a significator and see how it interacts with the other 3 as it can be the main focus in their year ahead, and how it can impact these other areas by it's influence)- career- love-finances

4. You can do 3 card- what they are moving away from (last year), what they are currently involved in (the present) and what the year ahead brings (the future).

The important part is to make it your own. Find out if your client wants pinpoint information or a more generalized overview. You can easily pull a card in the beginning if they say "I don't know" and whatever suit comes up, see if they concur (ie. cups=relationships) and build a spread from there.

The best advice is just make sure you and your client are at the same starting point!

nisaba

The question should be simple - such as 'Tell us about the next 12 months of So-n-So's life.'

Or even simpler: "This is a birthday reading." As that has already been established, asking it again feels silly. :)