Powerball Spread!

enchanted spirit

So, I thought it'd be fun to use my cards to help me play (win? LOL) the Powerball. This is the 1st spread I made up on my own, and I'm not even sure it'd qualify as a spread! But it was fun and I got some interesting results. Although the winning numbers have not been announced yet, so we'll see how I do.

Here's how I did it - I'd start with the 1st number and just pull cards off the top, minors counting as the number on them, courts 11, 12, 13, 14. I'd add the numbers until I got a major. Then I'd use the number of the minors for 1 number and the major would be another number. Majors counted for the number they represent. It worked out pretty well, only 1X did I end up adding up over 55 and then I scrapped the whole stack for that number and did another one.

I used 6 different decks, 1 try per deck, and then got 4 quick picks (and was thinking $10 would be better put towards another deck than lotto tickets, but what the heck?). Several of the decks gave me both 5 and 6 and I thought that was pretty weird, and then I got a 5 and 6 on one of my quick picks. Funny, huh?

I hardly ever play the lotto, but caught the drawings the last 2X and knew it was getting up there. But since we're on the subject, the last time I bought 10 tries I got ALL 6 of the numbers on different tickets!!! I was sooooooo bummed! LOL

celticnoodle

enchanted serpent said:
It worked out pretty well, only 1X did I end up adding up over 55 and then I scrapped the whole stack for that number and did another one.

one thing you could consider, when you get a number that adds up to higher then what you can use, such as '55' as you mentioned--why not add those two digits together and get a '10'?

this looks very interesting, and I'll be interested in seeing how well it works. If it does work, something tells me AT will be filled with many lottery players! :D

enchanted spirit

celticnoodle said:
one thing you could consider, when you get a number that adds up to higher then what you can use, such as '55' as you mentioned--why not add those two digits together and get a '10'?

this looks very interesting, and I'll be interested in seeing how well it works. If it does work, something tells me AT will be filled with many lottery players! :D

I thought about doing it that way, but since it only happened one time it wasn't really a big deal. Maybe next time? Assuming there will be a next time . . . maybe I'll win? LOL I can only imagine the response to this spread if I won tho - LOL - didn't even think of that! But it was fun and I figured my odds weren't any worse than a quickpick. And I kind of wanted to see which deck (if any) came closest. Could you imagine if one of those decks gave me the winning numbers? Oh my . . . I'd have to have it framed! :D

celticnoodle

Enchanted Serpent said:
I thought about doing it that way, but since it only happened one time it wasn't really a big deal. Maybe next time? Assuming there will be a next time . . . maybe I'll win? LOL I can only imagine the response to this spread if I won tho - LOL - didn't even think of that! But it was fun and I figured my odds weren't any worse than a quickpick. And I kind of wanted to see which deck (if any) came closest. Could you imagine if one of those decks gave me the winning numbers? Oh my . . . I'd have to have it framed! :D
and, now that you've posted this spread, you better let us know how accurate it is! :D

it may become the most used spread here on AT! :laugh:

enchanted spirit

celticnoodle said:
and, now that you've posted this spread, you better let us know how accurate it is! :D

it may become the most used spread here on AT! :laugh:

Nope, didn't win. :surprise:

But 6 was one of the numbers - so that was interesting!
Otherwise, missed it by a mile, the only other number I got was 47.
By deck, here are the results:
BBC- 1 (6)
Medieval Cats- no numbers
Medieval Enchantment- 1 (6)
Universal Waite- 1 (47)
Zerner Farber- 1 (6)
Tarot Nova- no numbers

BUT, it was a lot more fun than a quickpick, and I'd guess about the same odds. Actually 6 was the only number I got in my 4 quickpicks. LOL If anyone else tries this, let me know how it works out for you! I will probably do it again, but I will do 1 with the cards and 1 quickpick and see how it goes. I was feeling extravagant tonight!

celticnoodle

oh well, you tried! it was an interesting experiment. if you try it again and win, be sure to let us know! :)