Printers for your decks?

QofWands

Hey everyone :)

I am creating a (for now) major Arcana only deck and am looking for printers. I know TGC is a biggy but are there any others that you have used that were good as well? I would like to be able to get away with about $7- 8 per deck wholesale if I print at least 50. Am I talking crazytown here?!?! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

ty!

Bertrand

SuperiorPod has its fans, I did not try them yet.
Moo.co.uk : they make business cards, but may be a good (though pricey) option for a major only deck.
There are others out there, and don't forget to check with your local printer too !

gregory

tarotlyn and Marcia959 both have information on this one.

tarotlyn

:heart::) Hi! everyone...just saw gregory's post...yes i have some info for everyone:

RE: A GOOD PRINT-ON-DEMAND PRINTER for tarot or Lenormand decks:
i have an announcement to make:
Please read whole post...

The printer i have been using has now added a 'regular' 'standard' tarot sized card to their options.
They now offer these sizes: bridge, poker, regular standard tarot, and a jumbo sized cards.
i have just put in my request for 'mini' cards as well for lennie decks.

All of the orders i have received from them have been excellent, and i only had one order
that was delayed and i didn't get a response from them due apparently to a 'long' special
holiday they had. Plus i didn't realize that i was emailing them on during a weekend as i
work on my art 24/7. i did get that 'delayed' order straightened out and found that it was
the post office's fault for holding up my order.

My printer often has some really good 10% to 25% discount coupon codes that they send
you as well, when you fill out their short testimonial survey. Right now, I think they are
offering a very nice xmas discount. i think you can see it right under the words 'playing cards'
(black and white tab) near the top of the page on the right hand side.

They give you free shipping when you order over $30 at one time. So for orders over $30,
use coupon code SHIP30 for free standard shipping and you must rememeber to use their
discount codes at checkout to redeem their offers.

i was going to try to go with superiorpod. com, because they have different sizes, but i
don't prefer their PDF template setup system. Plus I like to be able to proof my own cards
immediately like i can at printerstudio.com AND i do love the free shipping (sometimes they give me)
when i spend over $30 at one time at printerstudio.com.

They also offer calendars, tote bags, and other items as well. Check them out today, their
quality is excellent. Hurry on over to them and get your xmas discount. Sorry, i don't know how long it runs.

Go Here: http://www.printerstudio.com/
or you can try http://www.superiorpod.com (i have not personally used their services yet
but i heard on facebook that a lot of deck creators are.)

Good luck, hon :heart:

Hugs, tarotlyn (Lyn)

Chronata

superiorpod is OK...but I will say they do have pretty decent customer service.

I haven't used them for a deck, but they printed my boxes for my first lenormand edition.
and as I screwed up the template pretty majorly, they called me to ask if it was right before printing them...in the end though, it took three weeks longer than expected.

tarotlyn

superiorpod is OK...but I will say they do have pretty decent customer service.

I haven't used them for a deck, but they printed my boxes for my first lenormand edition.
and as I screwed up the template pretty majorly, they called me to ask if it was right before printing them...in the end though, it took three weeks longer than expected.
:):heart: Chronata, i looked at superiorpod.com and their templates...i guess you have to open
the whole template up inside your graphic software program...like photoshop...and i don't
use photoshop...and my main program i do use probably would crash with that template
filled up with huge images...is one reason i haven't tried them yet.

Maybe the templates are different for the tuck boxes. i think they print those really good...
right? Edmunds's tuck boxes looked really good on his last deck he did. Printerstudio doesn't
offer tuckbox features. They only 'shrink wrap' your decks. They do have some plastic cases
but won't fit for tarot decks...only the shrink wrap is available for tarot cards with them.
Their card stock and printing is very nice though. It just takes long to get your order from
them since they are in Hong Kong...up to 2 weeks sometimes...but i have received my order
in as little as 7 days. i guess it just depends on how busy they are and how busy the postal
service is as well.

Oh, Chronata, did you ever figure out how to set up their templates properly? They do have
a video that shows how to line everything up. Look under there 'support' tab (i think it is)
:heart: Lyn

Barefoot Fool

My local printer, if you lived in VT. He's totally awesome. I truly looked all over before deciding on him. Plus, using a local guy you can totally customize size and you can go over color 100x and you can choose your own paper and you get to know your neighbors. Look for someone who does printing for businesses and does die-cut stuff and really knows. $7-8 is totally reasonable for majors only digital printing. Remember, if you use some out-of-towner, you have to pay for mailing, and that adds up.