Progression!

StarScream

I have progressed to reading 5 card spreads :)

I'm proud of myself! You can all applaud now...lol i'm kidding, just wanted to share my growth with you guys, since I owe most of my personal growth and learning experiences to this forum!

light2000

Congrats Starscream :)

Holly doll

Congrats StarScream!!!! :party:

ana luisa

That's awesome ! :thumbsup: Next, let's face the gruesome CC !! :D Just kidding. I can handle huge spreads but do not particularly like the CC...

laurence

Well done!!

I'm also progressing a lot since I am a member here.
I don't have a particular pattern of learning. I just gather information about cards and combo, ask questions, read the posts.
I only read for myself and I participated to some exchanges a very few times. I get fair good results.
Now I weekly draw 5 cards every sunday night ( in addition to a CC and a cross reading every 2 or 3 months) to get a guidance of the following week; and at the end of the week, I 've got a better understanding of cards that have showed up since I experienced them personally.

I will definitely invest in 2 books: one about reversals and another about court cards (and also because I love books) and will suscribe here as a full member in a near future.

Enjoy your journey!

frejasphere

That's awesome ! :thumbsup: Next, let's face the gruesome CC !! :D Just kidding. I can handle huge spreads but do not particularly like the CC...

Congratulations StarScream :)

My introduction to Tarot happened in a group-reading many years ago; I selected 2 memorable cards which cemented my love and fascination for the Tarot ... I then got my first deck and found a book describing the Celtic Cross; and so, not really knowing that readings (apart from when done in a circle on a floor with 12 other lovely ladies) could be done with fewer cards, I dived in the deep-end and stayed there ... for years! :|

While I still enjoy the CC from time to time, my current favourite readings are with 4 or 5 cards :)

Alta

I pretty well stick with 5 cards or so now. Good work to feel comfortable now and wise to not make the 'despair of beginners' and struggle to master the CC. That spread is often 'too much information' and just confuses.

SunChariot

I have progressed to reading 5 card spreads :)

I'm proud of myself! You can all applaud now...lol i'm kidding, just wanted to share my growth with you guys, since I owe most of my personal growth and learning experiences to this forum!

Very happy & excited for you. Learning Tarot is an amazing beautiful thing. I know how you feel. I am sure I learnt most of what I know about Tarot here on AT as well.

I am proud of you & happy for you too.

And a Thank you oncc again AT from me too'

Babs

canid

That is wonderful! You didn't jump the gun, first of all, by trying to learn the CC while learning the deck (search for the Celtic Cross here (not just Talking Tarot but Tarot Spreads), I stopped using it decades ago, & NOT because I can't use it 'properly', just don't like it for various reasons). Most of my readings are 3-5 cards maybe more at times; you can actually get more information that way, believe it or not. Have you ever read Tarot Tells the Tale by James Ricklef? Awesome book! Sure, the questions are all fairy-tale or historically related, but it seriously teaches you how to do combinations, & not just the cards right next to each other. Try more cards if you wish, but don't feel that you 'have' to. That's great! You probably learned in leaps & bounds that way, actually.