Queen of Swords?

Jh27

Hi all,
I know the standard description of the Queen of Swords personality, but can the Queen of Swords represent someone-a female who can be manipulating, deceitful and dishonest as well? I know she cuts through the crap, and she's a tells it like it is kind of person, I had the Queen of Swords and the Hierophant R, (2 cards out of the reading)
So I'm thinking some manipulation and slander on her part, and not doing things the way she should-Hierophant R. This is representing someone that I know and I wanted to see if I was correct on this. Thanks!

Puffette

Hi all,
I know the standard description of the Queen of Swords personality, but can the Queen of Swords represent someone-a female who can be manipulating, deceitful and dishonest as well? I know she cuts through the crap, and she's a tells it like it is kind of person, I had the Queen of Swords and the Hierophant R, (2 cards out of the reading)
So I'm thinking some manipulation and slander on her part, and not doing things the way she should-Hierophant R. This is representing someone that I know and I wanted to see if I was correct on this. Thanks!

Well mostly depends on surrounding cards. In reversed this queen can be quite nasty. In upright i take it to mean a hurt woman, a widow, a divorced lady. Not necesarily mean..but harsh and skeptic yes.. This queen has been through a lot and now she's cautious and takes care to not being fooled. I dont see her to open in love matters.. she's too rational and she thinks that love is not made for her. Along the hierophant this is someone who not only is intelligent but has a huge impact in someone's life. Hierophant is order,discipline....This woman either is a teacher,either she likes to have things in order and wont accept any mistakes.
Also it could represent someone very traditional,family oriented,who likes to keep things under control and wont accept any barier crossing(old mentality type).. very strict..

Jh27

Well mostly depends on surrounding cards. In reversed this queen can be quite nasty. In upright i take it to mean a hurt woman, a widow, a divorced lady. Not necesarily mean..but harsh and skeptic yes.. This queen has been through a lot and now she's cautious and takes care to not being fooled. I dont see her to open in love matters.. she's too rational and she thinks that love is not made for her. Along the hierophant this is someone who not only is intelligent but has a huge impact in someone's life. Hierophant is order,discipline....This woman either is a teacher,either she likes to have things in order and wont accept any mistakes.
Also it could represent someone very traditional,family oriented,who likes to keep things under control and wont accept any barier crossing(old mentality type).. very strict..

Thanks Puffette! You helped me, that clarifies it a lot.
I guess the Hierophant R would be not having order, no structure, lenient. From what I know of her, she is a controlling lady, has to have control over her family, who likes to call the shots, it's her way or no way.

Puffette

Thanks Puffette! You helped me, that clarifies it a lot.

I guess the Hierophant R would be not having order, no structure, lenient.

Hierophant rx is being modern, getting out of the normality and banality. But it can represent also breaking the rules and chaos. You're welcome. Im glad i helped u.

Jh27

Hierophant rx is being modern, getting out of the normality and banality. But it can represent also breaking the rules and chaos. You're welcome. Im glad i helped u.

Do you know what other cards would signify manipulation? lies? I get The Moon sometimes. But I didn't know if there were other cards that would imply that too around the court cards. Thanks for all your help. :)

violetdaisy

Seven of Swords can mean "getting away with something." Maybe 3 of Swords reversed. The Devil. Queen of cups rx. Maybe 9 of pentacles rx. In circumstances where someone is using their status to get what they want.

Jh27

Seven of Swords can mean "getting away with something." Maybe 3 of Swords reversed. The Devil. Queen of cups rx. Maybe 9 of pentacles rx. In circumstances where someone is using their status to get what they want.

Thanks alot violetdaisy for your input. :)

Puffette

Do you know what other cards would signify manipulation? lies? I get The Moon sometimes. But I didn't know if there were other cards that would imply that too around the court cards. Thanks for all your help. :)

There are many cards showing manipulation and lies but im affraid im not alloud to list them as this topic is only about 2 cards you mentioned. The moon is not necesarily lies but mostly confusion and upsets in matters of love.

Jh27

There are many cards showing manipulation and lies but im affraid im not alloud to list them as this topic is only about 2 cards you mentioned. The moon is not necesarily lies but mostly confusion and upsets in matters of love.

Is there a forum where you can find out different cards for different meanings such as:
Lies, manipulation
Cheating, Infidelity
Sickness
New baby
Engagements
Marriages
New Job
Travel
Moving and etc.

I'm trying to learn the different cards that signify different things, life events. I know this topic is just for the 2 cards I mentioned.
Thanks everyone for your help :)

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Is there a forum where you can find out different cards for different meanings such as:
Lies, manipulation
Cheating, Infidelity
Sickness
New baby
Engagements
Marriages
New Job
Travel
Moving and etc.

I'm trying to learn the different cards that signify different things, life events. I know this topic is just for the 2 cards I mentioned.
Thanks everyone for your help :)
Using Tarot Cards is the forum for discussing card meanings. Many of the topics listed above have already been discussed and those threads can be found using the forum's advanced search function.