Questions about the Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards

Sheri

I just got this deck and cannot believe how beautiful the cards are! I am thinking about sticking them to tiles...but that is not the purpose of this post.

I was reading the book and there seem to be alot of rules about how and when the cards are supposed to be used. I was wondering if others here in the forum that use or have used the deck adhered closely to the rules or if they did their own thing and still got good results?

I am looking forward to working with this deck! :D

valeria :)

bluefairy

i actually read the book and don't find that there is all that many do's and don't but then agian i was so happy getting this deck that i couldn't wait to start.i don't use them on sundays.other than that i follow what it says and when i don't remeber well i wook back in the book.

raeanne

bluefairy said:
i actually read the book and don't find that there is all that many do's and don't but then agian i was so happy getting this deck that i couldn't wait to start.i don't use them on sundays.other than that i follow what it says and when i don't remeber well i wook back in the book.
I'm just curious...why don't you use them on sundays? Is this something that the book said not to do or is it your own beliefs? I have had this deck for a long time. I'm pretty sure I read the book but I don't remember there being any DOs or DON'Ts. I certainly don't want you to think that I am trying to challenge your beliefs because I am not. I'm just interested in learning what other people do and why they do that. If you don't mind sharing, I would love to listen. Thanks.

bluefairy

well that's a good question?here's my answer

in the do's and don't for a readings:

Don't charge for a reading,friends may bring wine etc when doing the reading but charging isn't right.
Do only one reading per person in one day.
Don't read on sundays as it's regarded to be a holy day
Don't do readings for children under 18 years of age.
Do have children play with cards as there is no harm in putting the pictures together.
and Don't use the cards in determining events in crimal acts,lottery etc it will not give you an accurate answer.

this is what it says in the book by svetlana alexandrovna touchoff so i followed it.but i am no expert i am just doing what the book says...lol...

raeanne

Hi Bluefairy,
Thanks for the answer! I'll have to dig that book out when I get home and take a look at it again. Personally, I can understand the 'holy day' point of view as in 'it shows respect for what you believe in to focus on your beliefs for that day'. It certainly doesn't hurt to abstain for one day out of respect. However, I don't feel that there is anything unholy about Tarot or any other oracle or divination system. Interesting. Thanks again for looking that up.

bluefairy

no problem raeanne, anytime but i didn't think that they meant it was unholy to do tarot or oracle i think it was more of a belief that sunday is a day for family and not for work..in that sense**lol**
but i do know people who choose to read them either way, so i guess it's what you believe.agian like you said for one day it's o.k.

Sheri

Wow, I've come a long way with this deck since I started the thread.

The book does sound a bit superstitious, I think it is part of the tradition that has been carried on for generations. While I respect all the old ways and beliefs, I don't believe nor follow them.

Once the deck became mine, it was subject to my rules :D and we are working together beautifully!

My oracle, my rules :D

:love: valeria

bluefairy

**lol** couldn't put it in nicer words myself...everyone can do as they choose but like i said i follow it because i am still new at it so i don't push it ,so to say..