Reiki symbol question

MsPisces

I was given copies of Cho Ku Rei and Sei He Kei when I received my attunements and in my readings I have found alternative ways of drawing the symbols.

Question: Which should I use?

Thanks.

~MsPisces

blue

Ms;

I had the same thing happen to me when I received my level 2 attunement. I found it confusing at first and I think you ultimately will have to go with your gut instincts but even though the symbols that my teacher gave me were different than the ones I?d seen and read about I decided to go with her?s. After all, they were the ones that she had used in my attunement and so I felt they would be peculiar to my energetic systems.

Your experience brings up and unresolved question I have had since I became involved in Reiki. I understand that it is time on our planet for the system of Reiki and it?s symbols to move out of the exclusionist realm of ?membership? healing and become available to a world sadly in need of loving care. However, one of the side effect of making the symbols readily available to the uninitiated (perhaps I should say the un-attuned) is that it presents the potential student with an opportunity to draw erroneous conclusions or form fixations about Reiki symbols that may work against them when they receive their attunements.

I don?t know the answer to this but it?s a question that has resurfaced for me a number of times over the years.

As you know there are quite a few variations of the Reiki symbols and also some non-Reiki symbols that have been incorporated. It seems to me that none are more correct than others. I would suggest that you try using the symbols your teacher gave you. Give them a real chance and approach their use with an open mind and faith. If after a while you don?t feel they are right for you try some of the variations or alternative symbols that you?ve seen.

Getting in touch with your guides (at this point I?m sure you have Reiki guides in addition to others that may have been with you for a while) and ask for guidance. Also if you have faith in your teacher?s wisdom and ability, that would be the obvious place to start your inquiry.

jade

when a student is attuned to the vibration of reiki they are given sacred symbols to use. they are also asked to respect the energy and gifts, and to keep these symbols and their invocations secret.....as a sign of that respect.

i am appauled when i see students disrespecting reiki and it's values. these symbols should not be shared with anyone that is not attuned.

posting them on the internet is a sign of disrespect. it saddens me when i see reiki sites that post not only the names of the symbols but also pictures of how to 'draw' them.

questions about your reiki symbols should be directed towards your reiki master. that is what she/he is there for. to answer these sorts of questions.

i am sadden by this.

jade