Rise and Shine Zuppa

Pollux

This is a tipical Neapolitan recipe suited for every morning of the year, right from the Grimoires of the Ancient Order of the Forcella Housewives. ;D

That wasn't serious (my greatest sin, a Gemini with Scorpio rising!); but this is: the following is actually the rite I found myself doing every morning three months or more ago.
So, please, don't laugh at me! I only just realized I'm no Christian, and my Wicca-education is off to start soon. :p

Pollux

First off, Zuppa is a soup, a dish composed of a thick liquid with solid pieces inside. Someone will e-kill me for this definition! :D
For example, I love "Zuppa di Fagioli" that is Beans Soup: you just have beans with a little of the cooking water and you put them in adish on tiny pieces of bread. MMMMMMM!!!! ;D

The Rise and Shine Zuppa is what I eat every morning, and I therefore understood to be a sort of Wiccan rite to me.
So I thought I could share.

I Hope there's not even more people trying to e-kill me, now! ;D

Pollux

It is an invocation, I think, so as to start the day properly and gain the strength needed to carry on through.

What's needed:
1) Mug - a morning breakfast one, to me;
2) Spoon
3) Honey or Sugar
4) Coffee, Tea... "orzo" - don't know its english name!
5) Milk - of course, a typical Neapolitan Early morning Zuppa can't be without! ;D
6) Biscuits, bread, or anything made of wheat.

The Cup/Bowl/Mug is the Passive Principle, the Spoon the Active.
The Four Ingredients are for the Four Elements.

I like to mix them along with the Circle, that is also along with the timing of the day:
Air-Sugar/Dawn
Fire-Coffee/Noon
Water-Milk/Dusk
Earth-Biscuits/Midnight.

While I mix, I pray for the element and make an invocation I've invented on purpose.

As Feuerbach used to say (dear Comunist friend!) ;D
"We are what we eat"

P.S. with this last quotation of a Comunist, I'm signed my sentence for e-execution! ;D :D

Diana

I could just hug you for this. It's wonderful. Don't worry, no-one's going to kill you - even for your subversive communist remarks - I mean everyone knows that Italian communists were always different to the rest of the bunch ;)
I was sort of feeling down in the dumps today - had some bad news this morning which sort of made me want to crawl into bed until the end of the year - but with posts like yours, I feel like getting up and going again.
Thanks.

Pollux

I'm happy to hear this! ;D
Anyhow beware, ny post is serious and so is my rite! :p

Kiama

I think that's wonderful, Pollux! I also see it as a very creative thing: I just wish I had a regular routine in the morning so I could do something like that!

Kiama

KISSES for such a wonderful creation! :* :* :* :* :*

Pollux

Quote:Kiama (26 Jan, 2002 07:22):
KISSES for such a wonderful creation! :* :* :* :* :*
I'm in AWE!
I've been granted KIAMA's KISSES!!!
These are tears of emotion and happiness :'(

I'm happy my post was appreciated.
I'll try and add something soon.
Now got no time!!!!!!!!!!!!! >( UFFA!

Pollux

Oh Yes, obviously I do this walking clockwise from east to north.
I'm also lucky - for once in life everyone is, I bet - because the cooker (upon which is salt) faces the east, the coffee is always at the right (so more or less to south), the fridge is opposite the cooker (i.e.West) and the bread and biscuits and staff are to north.
I take pure scraps of Elementals, dwelling in their watchtowers till I wake them up and gulp them down! ;D
I didn't notice that till yesterday evening, when I did the same to have a cup of tea and sip it to the hearth.
YAYAYAYAYA!!!!
Now I get that my Wiccan future was somehow destined.
I'll try to ask to the handymen that built the house! Thanx mama and papa!