rising-decsendent-confused neophyte

nina

Hello,
I don't mean to sound ignorant, but I don't know a lot about astrology. Can anyone tell me what it means when somebody tells me my descendent is "in opposition" to my moon sign? This person made it sound so negative but then would not expound at all without me paying him. I don't mind paying, I have paid astrologers for chart readings before, but it seemed like he was being so deliberately obtuse ; I just don't want to be a sucker. Is this something I should be really worried about? Nobody who has done my chart before (okay, I've only had it done twice) has ever mentioned this.
-nina

Minderwiz

You did well not to pay - as he's simply angling to get money out of you.

Your descendant is simply the point 180 degrees from your Ascendant. These correspond to the place where the Sun and other planets rise (Ascendant) and Set (descendant) on the day you were born. Specifically they show what degrees of the Zodiac was on the Eastern and Western horizons at the time you were born.

From his statement it appears that the Moon was rising around the time you were born, it will therefore be quite near your Ascendant and by definition opposite your Descendant.

The conjunction of Ascendant and Moon sounds much more positive than opposition of Moon to your Descendant - the latter was said to worry you into paying for a reading. You might have gone away without thinking of paying if he simply said the Moon was Ascending when you were born.

isthmus nekoi

nina said:
tells me my descendent is "in opposition" to my moon sign?

Furthermore, if it is only in opposition to the moon sign and not even the moon itself, I would not consider that to be a major part of a chart interpretation. (So nothing to worry about! :)). Every chart is going to have its difficult points. I also think it is good you did not pay. Using fear to get someone to do something is usually indicative of exploitation.

Minderwiz

very good point Isthmus,

It is possible that this was a highly unscrupulous person indeed.

You are well rid of him, nina.

nina

and he's not even right!

Hello,
Thanks, guys. According to your info, he wasn't even right! My rising is Aquarius and my moon sign is Scorpio. Isn't Taurus the opposite of Scorpio?
What a jerk.
Thanks, again.
-nina

Minderwiz

Taurus is indeed the opposite of Scorpio.

If you've already got your chart then you can see where the Moon is relating to the Ascendant, if your Ascendant is Aquarius then your Moon should be around or near the top of the chart.

If you haven't got a chart then if you post your details someone can check for you.