ROC March - Andromedastarseed & Esk

Fortuna

Andromedastarseed & Esk's Thread (Regular)

Schedule:
March 22 (Wednesday): Complete readings
March 31 (Friday): Complete feedbacks

March's Suggested Spread:

This month's suggested spread is "The Kick In the Pants Spread" by Glass Owl. You can find out more about this spread by visiting the original post. It is a spread to look at what you need to achieve your goal.

For card number 2, if you know your goal, please let your partner know so that could be the focus of your reading.

--

The Kick In The Pants Spread (5) by Glass Owl

---------------5-
----------4------
---- 3-----------
2--------------1*

*This card is the shadow card. Select it from the bottom of the deck.

1*. The Root: Why you need a kick in the pants.
2. The Goal: A goal for you to strive for.
3. The Reward: A benefit of fulfilling this goal.
4. Support system: What can help you achieve your goal. (Or at the very least, make the process more fun.)
5. Roll Up Your Sleeves & Get To Work: The action you need to take.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Important Notes:
1. If you would like to do a different spread, please keep it to 3-5 cards, and clear this with your partner beforehand.
2. Readers have final choice of the oracle deck used, but can allow sitter to choose.
3. For partners doing the Intuitive Option: After the oracle reading, please provide your intuitive impressions within the write-up or after in its own section.
4. Please stay in communication with your partner, and PM when you have posted your reading, feedback, or if you are experiencing scheduling issues. Please do not wait until the last minute to post readings and feedbacks.
5. Have fun and let's ROC!

--

Please PM Fortuna for questions or issues.

Esk

Thanks for starting our thread Fortuna

Hi Andromeda :)

I'm looking forward to exchange with you. I'll read with my Wisdom of the oracle, it's the only oracle deck I have. Do you have a specific topic in mind?
For me let's see what the cards have to say.

andromedastarseed

Thanks for starting our thread Fortuna

Hi Andromeda :)

I'm looking forward to exchange with you. I'll read with my Wisdom of the oracle, it's the only oracle deck I have. Do you have a specific topic in mind?

For me let's see what the cards have to say.

Sounds good Esk. My focus is what does Spirit want me to know. Do you want me to use a particular deck?

andromedastarseed

ROC March - Andromedastarseed & Esk

Hello Esk,

I also used the WOTO by CBR

The Kick in the Pants Spread

Breathe-29

This is such a beautiful card and interestingly enough I've been seeing this card a lot lately! The angel is so serene and zen-like. She looks like she's doing yoga or meditation. Definitely some sort of breath work. She just seems so centered and focused and really rooted.

When I see this card, it normally is telling me to take a step back and to slow down. Usually it's when I feel like I need to go to yoga class and get all blissed out afterwards. It is a good reminder to know that we don't have to be Wonder Woman. It's ok to take your time and to savor the moment. Sometimes walking away for 10 minutes makes all the difference. It's better than getting all agitated and stressed out over stupid stuff. That's when mistakes happen.

CBR does read from the book when she gives readings, so I will too.

Patience in all things is called for right now. What do you need to do when you're in a rush? Slow down, of course. Meditate, and trust. Breathe and repeat. Humans cannot exist without drawing breath. Now is the time to allow the life-giving element of air to replenish your body, your being, and your very essence. Stop to smell the roses, breathe in the sunlight, and release the darkness-and miracles will appear.

Why?-31

This card frustrates me. It's all about our motives behind our intentions. Although it is important to find the why for our goals. For example lets say you want to lose weight. Why? Is it for health reasons? Too look better in clothing? Is it because of someone else?

I sadly can't answer what your goal is or what you should be focusing on. All I can tell you is to be crystal clear in your motives and truly understand why you want this.

Go the Distance-47

This card is about going for it. The Cheetah is almost across the finish line and she's going so fast, her spots are flying off. It's good to remember that life is a marathon and not a sprint. So a setback may occur, but it's just a little hurdle in the race. Once you achieve your goal, you will be unstoppable in your endeavors. Knowing in the long runs your dreams will come true is very comforting.

4. Support system: What can help you achieve your goal. (Or at the very least, make the process more fun.)

Between Worlds-3 (P)

Are you feeling like you are in limbo right now? You know you can't go backwards, but aren't quite yet ready to move forwards. I have the feeling of being on a crowded escalator, like at the airport. It's slow and jam packed with people, so you can't move forward, yet there are people behind you so you can't move back. You just have to wait until it reaches the top. This card in reverse is like being at the airport. You just have to let go and let whatever happens happen.

The plane may not be on time, something doesn't go according to plan. You just have to roll with it.

Yang-1

This is such an awesome card. It's so empowering. You have the ability to make things happen. This is the manifestation card. What you dream will come to fruition. Proceed confidently.

I think the cards are telling you to take a step back and really think about your motives. Once you are crystal clear on your intentions, you can go full speed ahead, but beware that hurdles and potholes might slow you down. Be mindful of your expectations, as things may not go according to plan. But in the long run, you will get what you want, because you will make it happen.

You got some pretty awesome cards.

Thank you for letting me read for you.

Esk

Hi Andromeda,
Sorry for taking my time, this past few days I was more busy than expected

Here's your reading, with the wisdom of the oracle. I hope you will find something useful in it :)

1*. The Root: Why you need a kick in the pants. : Time to Go
You need a kick in the pants because it's time to move on from a situation, or to end something in your life in order to begin the next phase. But you have not taken this path already. For some reason you refuse to go, maybe you don't even really see the end of what's ending. But I think that you (or at least a part of you), is aware of that and you are postponing this process for whatever reason (fear, comfort, etc.) even if you know that you have to move.
You will gain nothing more staying in the same place and now is the right time to end this situation and begin a new journey. This card tells you that you are perfectly ready and it's time to do it to gain more experience, more knowledge :).

2. The Goal: A goal for you to strive for : Time for a Nap rv
I love this card, it's so lovely with the little fox sleeping:)

So, in the context of your reading, you goal is a very nice one : allowing yourself to surrender to rest.
Are you obsessed by something, work or whatever, to the point that you are not taking any break, physically or mentally? It's not good for your health and for your well being. It's time for you to take a nap and to focus on you, or you'll soon be overwhelmed with stress and exhaustion, if it's not already the case.
I think it's also important to remember that this cards tells you that your are Not forced by anyone or anything to push your limits. Whatever others tell you, or whatever you could tell to yourself, resting should be at this time your main goal.

3. The Reward: A benefit of fulfilling this goal : The Fates rv
With this card, I wonder if you are fighting against “fate” itself, hence your need to rest and take a break because you can't “win”. There is some things you can't control in life, no matter how hard and how long you try. It's the case for a specific situation you're in (probably the one you have to move on in the first card).
Achieving your goal will help you to take a step back and to regain the ability to fully realise that some things are not in your control, to let go of these thing and even maybe to stop blaming yourself. It can help you to be more serene in front of something you may see as an injustice or a sad situation.

4. Support system: What can help you achieve your goal. (Or at the very least, make the process more fun.) : Why?
Questioning things can help you during this painful process. Put your feelings aside and ask yourself why things happen, what's you role in this situation, what's the reason behind your choices and actions, but also what this situation has bring to you. Question this situation to see every aspects of it, in it's negative and positive sides. Here your brain and you capacity to analyse is your best friend, they will help you to see things more clearly and maybe to learn more about yourself too.

5. Roll Up Your Sleeves & Get To Work: The action you need to take : Milk and Honey rv
This card makes me think about the first one because it's reversed. It seems to say that you have indulged yourself in some pleasures or procrastination instead of doing something more useful : moving on from an old situation and going toward something new. This process requires some efforts and bravery. You have both so it's time to stop enjoying little things in life and/or staying in you comfort zone. Doing this will not help you in your journey. So right now you need to find a more useful way to heal if needed and to be more grounded and more logical about your life or a specific situation in your life, and of course stop avoiding a situation if that's what you're doing, it's time to face it.

I hope the reading was clear enough, makes sense to you and help you in some way.

andromedastarseed

Hi Andromeda,
Sorry for taking my time, this past few days I was more busy than expected

Here's your reading, with the wisdom of the oracle. I hope you will find something useful in it :)

I've been busy too, I thought I'd percolate on your reading before I gave feedback

1*. The Root: Why you need a kick in the pants. : Time to Go
You need a kick in the pants because it's time to move on from a situation, or to end something in your life in order to begin the next phase. But you have not taken this path already. For some reason you refuse to go, maybe you don't even really see the end of what's ending. But I think that you (or at least a part of you), is aware of that and you are postponing this process for whatever reason (fear, comfort, etc.) even if you know that you have to move.
You will gain nothing more staying in the same place and now is the right time to end this situation and begin a new journey. This card tells you that you are perfectly ready and it's time to do it to gain more experience, more knowledge :).

I'm not quite sure what is ending in my life. I know the familiar is comfortable, but I am not sure what sort of venture is ending. Or even what sort of adventure is going to begin. This is a tricky one for me to comment on as I don't know what the energy behind this card is telling me.

2. The Goal: A goal for you to strive for : Time for a Nap rv
I love this card, it's so lovely with the little fox sleeping:)

So, in the context of your reading, you goal is a very nice one : allowing yourself to surrender to rest.
Are you obsessed by something, work or whatever, to the point that you are not taking any break, physically or mentally? It's not good for your health and for your well being. It's time for you to take a nap and to focus on you, or you'll soon be overwhelmed with stress and exhaustion, if it's not already the case.
I think it's also important to remember that this cards tells you that your are Not forced by anyone or anything to push your limits. Whatever others tell you, or whatever you could tell to yourself, resting should be at this time your main goal.

OMG, I've had quite the month. I went on vacation, came home sick. I had the crud or something. So, I'd go to work and just be wiped out by the time I was done. I'd sleep for like 12 hours and then start the whole process over. This weekend I stayed late at work, left and as soon as I got home, I was called in again. I put in a very long day and my feet were killing me.

I still think I need another vacation. But, sadly I don't have time until the last week of June. We are very short-staffed at work and I think I'll be begging for mercy before the end of April. I already feel like I'm doing the job of four people.

I'm just exhausted all the time. I spent this weekend just sleeping. I do feel a little better, but didn't get much accomplished.

3. The Reward: A benefit of fulfilling this goal : The Fates rv
With this card, I wonder if you are fighting against “fate” itself, hence your need to rest and take a break because you can't “win”. There is some things you can't control in life, no matter how hard and how long you try. It's the case for a specific situation you're in (probably the one you have to move on in the first card).
Achieving your goal will help you to take a step back and to regain the ability to fully realise that some things are not in your control, to let go of these thing and even maybe to stop blaming yourself. It can help you to be more serene in front of something you may see as an injustice or a sad situation.
This is the card with the Serenity prayer.

I do feel that I am responsible for everyone and everything. It is exhausting. I'm just tired.

I also think that is certain relationships and situations, I am taking my power back. I may not be able to change people, but I can change my reaction to them. I have to hope things will get better and that circumstances will change for the better.
4. Support system: What can help you achieve your goal. (Or at the very least, make the process more fun.) : Why?
Questioning things can help you during this painful process. Put your feelings aside and ask yourself why things happen, what's you role in this situation, what's the reason behind your choices and actions, but also what this situation has bring to you. Question this situation to see every aspects of it, in it's negative and positive sides. Here your brain and you capacity to analyse is your best friend, they will help you to see things more clearly and maybe to learn more about yourself too.

I frickin' hate this card. I I usually want to pull my hair out when I see it. I think it's because I don't know my intentions or I feel other's intentions, that I don't know what is mine and what is theirs.

I know being crystal clear about my motives will drive me. Why do I do what I do? Is it because I don't want to hear about it, so I do things a certain way? Is it because I want a better, more purposeful life?

5. Roll Up Your Sleeves & Get To Work: The action you need to take : Milk and Honey rv
This card makes me think about the first one because it's reversed. It seems to say that you have indulged yourself in some pleasures or procrastination instead of doing something more useful : moving on from an old situation and going toward something new. This process requires some efforts and bravery. You have both so it's time to stop enjoying little things in life and/or staying in you comfort zone. Doing this will not help you in your journey. So right now you need to find a more useful way to heal if needed and to be more grounded and more logical about your life or a specific situation in your life, and of course stop avoiding a situation if that's what you're doing, it's time to face it.

As I said, I'm exhausted. I don't think I'm procrastinating. I think I have to start getting centered and finding balance in my life. I don't think being sick did me any favors and now I'm trying to get back on track and I'm finding it hard to get back on the wagon. I had my little routine down, and then I hit a speed bump or pothole. I find it difficult to do what I was doing before I went on vacation as I'm so exhausted and feel like I need sleep. On the other hand, I feel like I've rested enough and now it's time to awaken. It's a process. I know if I go back full-throttle, I'll only relapse and maybe get sicker.

Thank you for the reading.

Andromeda

I hope the reading was clear enough, makes sense to you and help you in some way.[/QUOTE]

Esk

Hello Esk,

I also used the WOTO by CBR

The Kick in the Pants Spread

Breathe-29

This is such a beautiful card and interestingly enough I've been seeing this card a lot lately! The angel is so serene and zen-like. She looks like she's doing yoga or meditation. Definitely some sort of breath work. She just seems so centered and focused and really rooted.

When I see this card, it normally is telling me to take a step back and to slow down. Usually it's when I feel like I need to go to yoga class and get all blissed out afterwards. It is a good reminder to know that we don't have to be Wonder Woman. It's ok to take your time and to savor the moment. Sometimes walking away for 10 minutes makes all the difference. It's better than getting all agitated and stressed out over stupid stuff. That's when mistakes happen.

CBR does read from the book when she gives readings, so I will too.

Patience in all things is called for right now. What do you need to do when you're in a rush? Slow down, of course. Meditate, and trust. Breathe and repeat. Humans cannot exist without drawing breath. Now is the time to allow the life-giving element of air to replenish your body, your being, and your very essence. Stop to smell the roses, breathe in the sunlight, and release the darkness-and miracles will appear.

First, I had trouble understanding this card, it didn't make sense with my life right now. Now I think I've found out what it is about. I've begun studies about something that is a kind of mix about yoga, meditation and some other stuff. Breathing is very important in this field, and I think no other card could have describe it better. So I think the root of the reading is my studies in that field and it makes sense because I've been a bit lazy about it lately, and last week my boyfriend told me that if I want to improve I should practice and study more.

Why?-31

This card frustrates me. It's all about our motives behind our intentions. Although it is important to find the why for our goals. For example lets say you want to lose weight. Why? Is it for health reasons? Too look better in clothing? Is it because of someone else?

I sadly can't answer what your goal is or what you should be focusing on. All I can tell you is to be crystal clear in your motives and truly understand why you want this.

Maybe I should go back to my motivation to change my career and begin something new. Lately I've tried to be more about feeling things and now maybe I should think more and question my motivations.

Go the Distance-47

This card is about going for it. The Cheetah is almost across the finish line and she's going so fast, her spots are flying off. It's good to remember that life is a marathon and not a sprint. So a setback may occur, but it's just a little hurdle in the race. Once you achieve your goal, you will be unstoppable in your endeavors. Knowing in the long runs your dreams will come true is very comforting.

This card makes sense because marathon is not my thing. I like when things go fast. I used to be very patient but now I've some kind of fear of loosing time.

Between Worlds-3 (P)

Are you feeling like you are in limbo right now? You know you can't go backwards, but aren't quite yet ready to move forwards. I have the feeling of being on a crowded escalator, like at the airport. It's slow and jam packed with people, so you can't move forward, yet there are people behind you so you can't move back. You just have to wait until it reaches the top. This card in reverse is like being at the airport. You just have to let go and let whatever happens happen.

The plane may not be on time, something doesn't go according to plan. You just have to roll with it.

This card describe perfectly what I'm going through right now. I have decided a complete change of career, I'll also have a new job soon to pay the bills and my personal life has greatly changed too. All things are good so it could help me. But I feel lost and sometimes I feel disconnected with myself. Your advice makes sense I should be more patient.

Yang-1

This is such an awesome card. It's so empowering. You have the ability to make things happen. This is the manifestation card. What you dream will come to fruition. Proceed confidently.

I think the cards are telling you to take a step back and really think about your motives. Once you are crystal clear on your intentions, you can go full speed ahead, but beware that hurdles and potholes might slow you down. Be mindful of your expectations, as things may not go according to plan. But in the long run, you will get what you want, because you will make it happen.

You got some pretty awesome cards.

Thank you for letting me read for you.

Very nice card :). I think this card may also says that I need to be less passive. As I've said, I'm lazy and I'm not doing much to make my dream come true. So I should do things to manifest it in real life.

Thank you for the reading. I think it makes sense with my new idea of career and my new studies :)

Esk

I've been busy too, I thought I'd percolate on your reading before I gave feedback

I'm not quite sure what is ending in my life. I know the familiar is comfortable, but I am not sure what sort of venture is ending. Or even what sort of adventure is going to begin. This is a tricky one for me to comment on as I don't know what the energy behind this card is telling me.

OMG, I've had quite the month. I went on vacation, came home sick. I had the crud or something. So, I'd go to work and just be wiped out by the time I was done. I'd sleep for like 12 hours and then start the whole process over. This weekend I stayed late at work, left and as soon as I got home, I was called in again. I put in a very long day and my feet were killing me.

I still think I need another vacation. But, sadly I don't have time until the last week of June. We are very short-staffed at work and I think I'll be begging for mercy before the end of April. I already feel like I'm doing the job of four people.

I'm just exhausted all the time. I spent this weekend just sleeping. I do feel a little better, but didn't get much accomplished.

This is the card with the Serenity prayer.

I do feel that I am responsible for everyone and everything. It is exhausting. I'm just tired.

I also think that is certain relationships and situations, I am taking my power back. I may not be able to change people, but I can change my reaction to them. I have to hope things will get better and that circumstances will change for the better.

I frickin' hate this card. I I usually want to pull my hair out when I see it. I think it's because I don't know my intentions or I feel other's intentions, that I don't know what is mine and what is theirs.

I know being crystal clear about my motives will drive me. Why do I do what I do? Is it because I don't want to hear about it, so I do things a certain way? Is it because I want a better, more purposeful life?

As I said, I'm exhausted. I don't think I'm procrastinating. I think I have to start getting centered and finding balance in my life. I don't think being sick did me any favors and now I'm trying to get back on track and I'm finding it hard to get back on the wagon. I had my little routine down, and then I hit a speed bump or pothole. I find it difficult to do what I was doing before I went on vacation as I'm so exhausted and feel like I need sleep. On the other hand, I feel like I've rested enough and now it's time to awaken. It's a process. I know if I go back full-throttle, I'll only relapse and maybe get sicker.

Thank you for the reading.

Andromeda

Indeed the reading shows some real tiredness. Don't feel bad about being tired just after your vacations. I don't know anything about where you work but the cards could advice you to take some days to rest and to not feel bad about it because you need it and deserve it. It's not lazyness.

The last card is maybe not related to how much you work. I think it's more a card about avoiding to think about something or to face a situation. It is probaby linked to the "Why" card. I think when we hate a card so much, it's often because it tells us something we don't want to hear ;). It's possible that you don't really understand what it is about because you have avoided to ask some questions, or the right questions. It's possible that when you'll do that, you will understand more about the first card that doesn't makes sense for now.
Another ideas has just crossed my mind. Maybe taking some days off and resting will allow you to be in a better state of mind to ask whys and to think about your life. When we're tired it's very hard to do it because we have to endure so many things daily. So I think taking care of your health could be the first step before seeing a bigger picture.

I hope you'll feel better very soon :heart:

andromedastarseed

Indeed the reading shows some real tiredness. Don't feel bad about being tired just after your vacations. I don't know anything about where you work but the cards could advice you to take some days to rest and to not feel bad about it because you need it and deserve it. It's not lazyness.

The last card is maybe not related to how much you work. I think it's more a card about avoiding to think about something or to face a situation. It is probaby linked to the "Why" card. I think when we hate a card so much, it's often because it tells us something we don't want to hear ;). It's possible that you don't really understand what it is about because you have avoided to ask some questions, or the right questions. It's possible that when you'll do that, you will understand more about the first card that doesn't makes sense for now.
Another ideas has just crossed my mind. Maybe taking some days off and resting will allow you to be in a better state of mind to ask whys and to think about your life. When we're tired it's very hard to do it because we have to endure so many things daily. So I think taking care of your health could be the first step before seeing a bigger picture.

I hope you'll feel better very soon :heart:

Thank you