sacred geometry oracle

truthsayer

i recently bought this oracle by francene hart. i've never heard the term "sacred geometry" before but as i've read over the text i realize that i'm familiar with the concept. stated simple, it's how some shapes hold special powers such as pyramids, labyrinths, triangles or squares. if you study the thoth deck, you'll note that lady freida harris used geometry and shapes to help her draw and paint the thoth deck. if you look at other decks, you'll see shapes play a role, too.

francene hart is a visionary artist who has explored shapes in her art as part of her journey. some of the shapes on the deck aren't that interesting or attractive to me. yet some of them are quite beautiful. a scene from nature, animals or ppl is worked into a pattern of shapes. the colors are mostly gentle pastels. there are many examples of her work at her website--
http://www.francenehart.com
i don't fully understand what the deck is about or sacred geometry but i'm finding myself the most excited that i've been about an oracle in a while.
for an example, i drew a card which is #17-morning meeting. it is a scene of squares and a circle superimposed in soft lavendar over a forest with limbs that are are "holding hands". 2 ppl are holding each other eye to eye but it's worked into the colors and shapes. their hair are the trees. definition:"this card incorporates the elements of nature and the woods. it also conveys the possibility that we as human beings can learn to live and love in balance, and communicate with respect and tenderness. the geometry here is the square representing male energy an the circle which is traditionally considered female. this card asks that you view the way that youcommunicate with others and with yourself."
i recommend this deck even though i don't fully understand it. something about francene hart's energy just makes me want to explore her work better and come to understand what sacred geometry is about. i was drawn to this deck after putting out to the universe that i want to learn about how i can use my art to express my spirituality. i like the response thus far!

zorya

thanks for sharing truthsayer!

yesterday i looked at the fractal firebird tarot for the first time (on-line). it was similar in that it was very geometric and conveyed the meanings of the cards beautifully. ach, i'm pitiful with words, lol.

these cards can really touch us in such a intuitive way. i cannot completely explain how the essence of a card can be captured with these symbols, but i feel it deeply. the real beauty, is that the meaning isn't so boxed into a specific definition by using clearly defined pictures.

very interesting deck!

faunabay

truth,
Didn't I put this one on my christmas/yule list???????
ROFL

I've been eyeing this deck for quite a while, but haven't gotten it yet. The scans I've seen look beautiful and very interesing.

truthsayer

sorry, faunabay but you won't be getting THIS deck but you will be getting a deck. }) bwahahaha! ask me to tell you the rest of the story after yule/xmas. but i do recommend you get this one. i think you'll like it. (snicker...snicker!)

i know what you mean, zorya. i think you explained it quite well. it's new style of divination that i think i will enjoy learning. francene's art reminds me of jonathon bowser?'s art, michael whelan, and some other visionary artists who can incorporate a human figure into a scene from nature. i'd love to learn how to do this. maybe i'll learn more about it by studying this deck on sacred geometry.

darwinia

truthsayer said:
francene's art reminds me of jonathon bowser?'s art, michael whelan, and some other visionary artists who can incorporate a human figure into a scene from nature. i'd love to learn how to do this. maybe i'll learn more about it by studying this deck on sacred geometry.

I have had this deck for several months and I recommend the book Sacred Geometry : Philosophy and Practice by Robert Lawlor. ISBN 0-500-81030-3; publisher is Thames and Hudson.

It explains the historical and philosophical base of the art and shows you how to draw various shapes. It has many illustrations and works of art, It's the sort of thing one might study in University, so it's not a quickie book to read or work through but it is excellent.

Francene Hart herself has a book explaining the art and how to draw some of the shapes, and some excellent books and articles on the subject can also be found here:
http://www.intent.com/sg/
Some great links to other pages and his own books at the bottom of this page.

Also, the man who runs this course will be publishing a wonderful book in early 2003:
http://mmm.dartmouth.edu/~matc/math5.geometry/unit8/unit8.html

Judy