Sample spread from Blue Owl

Le Fanu

Ok, Im sure this is a really dumb posting, but here goes...

Years ago, I had the blue owl Lenormand (which I subsequently lost), and I remember it came with a spread in which all the cards were laid out and only the cards near the Significator card (i.e male or female) were read.

I recently bought the French cartomancy kit. I love the cards, full of atmosphere. I really warm to them, but the L(not so little)WB that came with them has thrown me a bit off kilter. I see from previous threads that this Laura Tuan (is that the name?) has been quite criticised here, and it isn´t just me who can´t make any headway with this...

What Im asking is, can anyone direct me to a thread which has some accessible spreads for Lenormand, and if possible, the one I used to do with my blue owl deck?... I did a search, but couldn´t find anything...

Lillie

I might have it.

Hang on.

I'll see what I can do.

Lillie

Ok.

This is the beginning of the 'sample reading' in the LWB.
(it's hard to get the card numbers right typing it in like this)

I can scan just the reading or the whole booklet and email it to you if this is what you are after.

SAMPLE READING

Based upon the foregoing explanations for each card the following is a sample card spread and reading for a young woman:

17 27 22 19 4 8 30 21
11 18 5 2 24 36 26 32
20 10 16 3 29 1 12 25
14 6 15 13 31 28 23 7
34 33 9 35
Starting with any card near the Key card one card at a time is interpreted by itself and then in combination with other cards so as to weave a continuing story. The Key card of a Woman #29 is located in the third row near the middle. The Heart #24, above the Key card promises good fortune, romance and happiness. This card is further strengthened by Clover-leaf #2, which also indicates good luck and suggests that any present sorrow or unhappiness will soon disappear. The House #4 confirms that future opportunities are favorable even if minor difficulties presently exist.
The Cross #36, is a sign of bad omen but because the card is close to the woman it indicates that misfortune will be of short duration.
The Cavalier #1, signifies that news will shortly arrive from a distant place, probably from a Gentleman #28. The Birds #12, the Mice #23, and the Serpent #7 indicate that the news may be un-pleasent but of a temporary nature which will be overcome.
The Ship #3, reveals that an opportunity is approaching that will open new avenues of success for the woman. However, the Stars #16, while generally a favorable card, is surrounded by other cards of bad omen including the Scythe #10, which portends great danger, the Clouds #6, which warn that something disagreeable

Le Fanu

Great! I think that´s it! I don´t really need the sample reading, it was just the layout I needed, numbers and rows etc. So it´s 4 rows of 8, then one row of four....

Thanks very much :)

Lillie

In the book the row of 4 is in the middle of the bottom row.

So, 2 gaps, 4 cards and 2 gaps.