Saturn in 6th

iAmRiotEyes

I hear that Saturn is most comfortable here but at the same time I'm hearing that it means you never really succeed and are denied that. I would think that you just need to keep your nose to the grindstone for a while before seeing any results work wise. What are your experiences with this? Or interpretations?

My Saturn has some really stressful aspects to Mars, Venus and Jupiter if that helps any, so I know it's not a happy planet (I feel it every day.)

Ronia

What is denied? I didn't get this. What is the sign on the 6th and what does Saturn rule in the natal, you may want to consider these too?

My interpretation of Saturn, which happens to be quite important in my chart and does have hard aspects with both my Sun and Moon, is: discipline, perseverance, patience, perseverance, climbing, perseverance, and in this order. Whatever Saturn gives though, it's worth and long lasting. Mine is in the 7th and I can't say, by any means, I've been denied relations and relationships. On the contrary, I consider myself a lucky person in regularly meeting the right people at the right time, overall. But it takes effort and discipline to learn this whole situation with the aspects and to get in touch with it and take some hard lessons and keep going, despite all of it.

iAmRiotEyes

What is denied? I didn't get this. What is the sign on the 6th and what does Saturn rule in the natal, you may want to consider these too?

My interpretation of Saturn, which happens to be quite important in my chart and does have hard aspects with both my Sun and Moon, is: discipline, perseverance, patience, perseverance, climbing, perseverance, and in this order. Whatever Saturn gives though, it's worth and long lasting. Mine is in the 7th and I can't say, by any means, I've been denied relations and relationships. On the contrary, I consider myself a lucky person in regularly meeting the right people at the right time, overall. But it takes effort and discipline to learn this whole situation with the aspects and to get in touch with it and take some hard lessons and keep going, despite all of it.

I have Saturn in Aquarius in the 6th house which is in Capricorn.

What I was asking was: What is the affect of Saturn in the 6th House? Because I keep reading mixed interpretations for it. Some people say it's positive, others say it's negative and denies success.

Minderwiz

I hear that Saturn is most comfortable

Saturn actually 'joys' in the Twelfth - it's a diurnal or day planet. So the sixth happens to be the house opposite it's Joy. It's always difficult to give one or two key words for planets as they are all multi-faceted but you might see Saturn's 'instinctive' response being to deny, exclude, reject, constrain, delay. However what is 'instinctive' isn't always what you get. Saturn can well grudgingly allow and indeed encourage, especially when it is dignified in the chart, as yours is. Ronia's list of her experience of Saturn shows that - you have to work hard to get what Saturn signifies but it can be done.

Judging the extent to which it can be done depends on the condition of Saturn, by sign, house and aspect. Even hard aspects to Saturn from Jupiter can actually provide impetus and encouragement, Mars principle of being incisive (literally) can stop delays and promote action. Again it will depend where Jupiter and Mars are in the chart and their condition.

The sixth covers a number of areas of life. They tend not to be the ones of day to day importance (though for some they can be). Disease is one, and you might be prone to Saturnian problems, relating to teeth, knees, bones, or at a mental level, depression. I have Saturn conjunct my Ascendant, which shows the physical body, as well as mind, and spirit. I have therefore issues with all of those, except depression, but they have not yet translated as recurring diseases.

Pets and small animals is another area, employees, members of a team you run trades people you use are other significations, as is your children's money (when and if you have children). The hard aspects you mention relate Saturn's influence to other houses, which could be the twelfth if an opposition is involved or ninth or third if squares are involved - assuming no issues with interception. If one or more of those aspects is out of sign, then you should downgrade it or even ignore it. Aspects have qualities that depend on their sign relationships, they're not just geometric angles (unless you discard the Zodiac entirely).

MaineGirl117

I also have Saturn in the 6th House, conjunct Jupiter (and Pluto) in the sign of Libra. 6th House is ruled by Virgo (Aries Ascendant). Prior to my first Saturn return it had a great deal of influence on my education in the sciences. While my education was not specifically focused on human anatomy or health, it did eventually and directly influence human health. I spent 6 years in college and another 5 years looking to get my foot in the door of a real "career". I did finally get a toe hold with the US Department of Agriculture inspecting meat for human consumption at the beginning of my Saturn return, and worked another 2 1/2 years at the bottom level "building the foundation of my career" before getting promoted. I then spent another 6 months just training for my new job, and I dare say will spend another 2-3 years learning the ins and outs before I feel I've truly mastered the job skills associated with my career.

I would say that I have a very "Saturnian-like" job. I walk into an establishment and say, "clean this - fix that - find another way to do that because it doesn't comply with federal regulations" and the establishments HAVE TO respond or else they risk being reprimanded in some way. I do work within limitations, just like the rings around Saturn, but Saturn is such a BIG planet, and as such my jurisdiction covers a lot of ground.

Another faucet of Saturn and Jupiter in this house that I've noticed prior to my first Saturn return was dealing with obesity and depression. Being now on the flip side of that return, I have much more success with handling both issues.

What I've realized over the course of the past few years, is that Saturn will eventually compensate you. Your rewards will be as great as your efforts - good or bad.

Hope that helps!

DavidMcCann

As a traditional astrologer, I judge a house by its ruler, not its contents. (What if it has no contents? Not a sign that it's unimportant).

You have the ruler of the 6th in the 6th and (although badly aspected) in its own sign. This should be good for the career, especially in any sort of service industry or in work that involves care or patience.

Minderwiz

Something I forgot to ask and David reminded me.

You said Saturn wss in Aquarius but the sixth cusp is in Capricorn. What sign is in your Descendant? Is it Aquarius Leo Ascendant) or Pisces (Aquarius intrrcepted in the sixth)