Shining angels tarot deck

nickysduck2

I have a deck of tarot cards called the Shining Angels Tarot. The cards are round and beautifully illustrated. The deck comes with a guide book with instructions and meanings of each card.

I have been using this deck or almost 2 years doing mostly one card readings for myself and friends. I shuffle the deck calling on my guides and angels, ask a question and then place the deck on the table and pick it up seperating the deck in the middle revealing a card.

Over the time I have been doing this I notice the meaning for certain cards in the guide book that comes with my tarot deck is sometimes a little different from other tarot decks. For example. The 3 of swords meaning for my deck says Negative judgements,untrustworthy people,the meddling of outsiders in personal affairs.

but on the aeclectic tarot forum the meaning of 3 of swords says....

"Ah, the dreaded Three of Swords. Three swords pierce a heart. Against the background of a storm, it bleeds. This card often relates to love-triangles, but remember this is an air sign, so what wounds the querent is not an action, but something said to them, or read by them. There is a strong possibility that a secret has finally come out.A reader may wonder how this differs from The Tower, which is about a similar reveal. The Tower reveals that something you were passionate about is false, and that is most important. With the Tower, the querent had no idea, none at all, that what they thought was true was not true. They believed it heart and soul.
With the Three of Swords, the querent usually senses that something is up even if they don't know what. A friend has been avoiding you, perhaps, or making strange excuses. Something is up, but no one will say what. It feels like everyone is keeping something secret from you. And you may even have your suspicions of what.
The Three of Swords indicates that it's going to finally come out. It will be hurtful, the words sharp, piercing. "I don't like you," or, "I want to break up," or "I'm in love with your best friend" (ouch!). But it will not be a bolt out of the blue. It may even be a relief to finally know. No more waiting, obsessing, wondering, worrying about what could be wrong. This cutting truth, however bitter and painful, allows all that tension and uncertainty to finally drain out. The querent knows how things stand, the truth about how they're seen by others. This development allows them to move on."

So which meaning do I need to pay attention to? The meaning written in the instruction book that came with my deck? Is it best that I stop looking up meanings online for the cards I draw and just go with what is provided in the instruction book?

gregory

Look at the card, and - while you will remember what you have read in both sources - see what meaning best fits the card and the spread in which it is drawn.

Thirteen

It's not "either--or"

The 3 of swords meaning for my deck says Negative judgements,untrustworthy people,the meddling of outsiders in personal affairs.
but on the aeclectic tarot forum the meaning of 3 of swords says....
..."A friend has been avoiding you, perhaps, or making strange excuses."
You seem to think this is "either/or"--either one definition or the other. But actually, they work together perfectly. Your book is giving you certain specifics of bad behavior by other people: untrustworthy, or meddling, or saying bad things. The AT definition doesn't specify what kind of bad behavior is happening. All it says is that people are keeping their bad behavior from you, that you may suspect it, and you will find out about it.

That is the only real difference between the two definitions. The books says "people are being untrustworthy/meddling/saying bad things" but not that you'll learn about it. AT says, "Whatever people are doing behind your back, you're going to find out about it." The AT definition then goes on to say, when it comes out, it's going to hurt but it will be good that you did learn about it in the long run. Because now you can do something about it. Fearing it, suspecting it, hearing whispers and not knowing exactly what it's all about...that bottles up your hurt and fear. This card is about learning such. And, thus, being able to let it out, act, and recover from it.

So, the AT definition takes things further than the book definition. The book only tells you about the bad behavior that's happening or going to happen. AT tells you how it's going to unfold. But the AT definition doesn't preclude you from reading the card as "Someone is going to be untrustworthy" or "meddle"--it just expands behind that to say "you'll find out, it'll hurt, but you'll know what to do about it it now that you know..."

nickysduck2

Thanks so much!!