Should I Stay or Should I go? Spread (Love/Romance/Love Interest)

velvette1073

Should I Stay or Should I go? Spread

I created this spread in terms where I wanted to find out whether or not I should hold out any hope for a certain person to see if we would progress towards a romantic future.

This is a 6 card spread.

***1*****2***
**3*4***5*6**

1. What the outcome will be if I decide to continue to hope
2. What the outcome will be if I decide to give up
3. The pros of this outcome
4. The cons of this outcome
5. The pros of this outcome
6. The cons of this outcome

So I will put up my reading for this spread to give an example of how it could be interpreted.

1. Queen of Pentacles: I think instead of what the outcome will be if I chose to continue to have hope, this card may be more about advice if I decided to continue to have hope. Probably advice to be more myself and not dwell too much on my interest.

2. Three of Wands: This probably indicates that if I decide to give up on my interest I will have found a new perspective and grown in maturity, building myself a more stable foundation.

3. Page of Wands: So the pros of continuing hope is that this will be an adventurous love with him. More exciting rather than stable, which is what I would usually prefer. This card tells me that I may experience a new kind of relationship. I feel that this card is more of a representation of him and what he could offer? He is someone who can be difficult to commit and quite adventure seeking. He's also younger than me as well.

4. The Devil: The cons of this decision though seems to be telling me that I may be too dependent on relationships and that I may struggle with trying to make "something" out of something that might not even work well together.

5. King of Pentacles: The pros for deciding to give up and move on. This card seems to be telling me that I might find a more better suited partner in the future. Someone who accepts me for who I am entirely. Someone who is probably going to be older than me and more stable financially as well.

6. The Chariot: The cons of choosing to move on to a different path might be that in meeting this new interest I may veer off too far from my career path that I won't be able to balance the two. A warning maybe that I might be too consumed in my relationship with this new man that I might lose focus with my ambitions and other aspects in my life that I will lose balance.

So it seems that the decision to give up and move on might be a better decision to make. I think I will temporarily see where things go between us and if I see no sign of progress then I will probably take the cards insight and move on. :)

So hope this spread helps others to gain insight on two different decisions and how they might carry out and how you might learn from the meanings of the cards laid out to you. If you have anything to add to my own interpretations of my reading please feel free. I know that might be something to put up in the "My Readings" page but I created this reading and I wanted to give an example of how it might be interpreted.

Thanks guys! :D

nohatein08

This was really helpful! Thanks! I'm putting it in my book for the inevitable questions from friends, too. I like seeing the pros and cons like that.

Sagefire

Just did a reading about a love interest of mine, and it was very honest and clear. This is a very nice simple spread that doesn't put any unwarranted emphasis on what the other person is thinking, whilst still focusing on your relationship with the person. I very much enjoyed the reading, even though it was (of course) telling me what I don't like hearing. I feel I will definitely use this one again in the future, and not just for relationships. Thank you for posting it!! :D :heart:

ETA: Thought I would also mention how interesting the interplay of "expectations" is in this spread. I know I will have a hard time giving up anything I like and so I'm trying to look at it from a perspective of no expectations versus giving up hope.

GotH

Hi Velvette,

I'm going to try this right now and let you know how it worked for me. Thanks for sharing it.

ETA: LOL! Just realized this was an old post....

hypnotizedeyes

Using :)

This seems like a great spread, thank you

AppleSpice

Did this spread and it really helped clarify some confusion about myself and the other person. Will definately use again in the future