Spell Out A Name Spread

jrr01

Anyone have a spread for this?

Guiding Cauldron

i'm not sure what your after but with an oracle deck i use i place one card per letter of teh clients first name i'm reading for to giv me an all over reading based on that person. hope it helps.

example: SUE = one card for a total of 3 cards in reading

jrr01

Pardon me for not elaborating correctly, Life for example someone asks mewhat the name of their future husband is and I lay out a certain amount of cards and some of the cards will give me a name or letters.

scorpio-eagle43

Hiya, jrr01

I dont know of any spread for this.

I get what your saying, but cant get how many cards you would have to draw to get an answer.
If you go by what rodney said on the quest thread and draw one card for each word asked the answers dont make sense

I tried just pulling one card from druidcraft and asking what my name is, got the queen of swords, and the side of her chair looks like a big A. my name does begin with A

Tried for my dogs name, got 5 of wands, his names scrappy, so that works ok for me unless i was just lucky, lol

thats the best i can do for you, sorry

blessings xx

celticnoodle

I've never heard of a spread to do this, however, you can purchase The Quest deck, and use that to spell out a name or give the initials of a name. the quest deck has the alphabet on the cards for just this sort of thing.

mahjong

I may be just be being a bit dumb here but how does the 5 of wands equate to your dogs name scrappy? How did you work that out?

rwcarter

I also don't know of a specific spread for this purpose (although I do know one for examining a person's given name), but it wouldn't be all that difficult to create one. The English alphabet contains 26 letters. There are 78 cards in a standard tarot deck. 26 x 3 = 78. So each letter would be represented by 3 different tarot cards. But which ones?

As long as one is consistent in their assignment and use of the letters, I really don't think it matters. If you assign the Fool #22, then the Major Arcana covers the first 22 letters of the alphabet.

Starting with W, you could either assign letters across the ranks (Aces, Twos, etc through Kings) or you could assign them up the suits (Pentacles, Swords, Cups, Wands - or whatever arrangement you prefer for the suits).

If you assign by rank, you would have W = Ace Pentacles, X = Ace Swords, Y = Ace Cups, Z = Ace Wands, A = 2P, B = 2S, C = 2C, D= 2W, etc.

If you assign by suits, you would have W = Ace Pentacles, X = 2P, Y = 3P, Z = 4P, A= 5P, B = 6P, etc.

As I demonstrated in the other thread, you can pick one card for each word in the question and find as many names as you can from them. And if you grab all vowels or all consonants, then maybe you aren't meant to know the answer at this point.

And by examining the cards that come up for each name, you can get additional information about the answer. For example, if the question were "What is the name of the man I will marry?" you would pick 10 cards. Assuming you could spell the names Pat and Ralph from those cards, by examining the three cards that spell Pat and the five cards that spell Ralph, you would get additional information about each answer.

Rodney

rwcarter

mahjong said:
I may be just be being a bit dumb here but how does the 5 of wands equate to your dogs name scrappy? How did you work that out?
"To scrap" can mean to fight. The RWS depiction of the 5W shows five people fighting, so it could be said that they're scrapping. Scrappy isn't too far a reach from that.

HTH,
Rodney

scorpio-eagle43

Ta Rodney,

Yeah thats how i come to that conclusion, maybe my mind just works funny x

etewis

just thought of this so I don't know if it works. anyway:

you first pick a card to see how many letters are in the name.
then shuffle and pick twice as many, in pairs.
each pair represents a letter; you add up the values of the two cards and see in which letter that number corresponds.

for example:
you first pick the 4 of Wands, so there are 4 letters in the name.
then you you get these 4 pairs:
High Priestess + 3 of Cups, 10 of Swords + 8 of Pentacles, Hermit + Fool, Ace of Wands + 2 of Wands
so you have 5(=E) 18(=R) 9(=I) 3(=C), the name you're looking for is Eric

I don't have my cards with me now so if anyone tries it I'd like to know if it works or if it gives non-existent names
maybe you should also remove the court cards