spread needed--please help!

celticnoodle

a client of mine has repeatedly asked me to do a reading for her regarding a family member who is trouble. this family member is repeatedly facing jail time, and my client often calls (after this family member is again arrested), asking me "Will (blank) be going to jail?". I cannot find a spread that is satisfactory for this question, and generally end up just asking the cards a question and laying out 1 to however many cards I feel justified to, to answer the question.

my problem is, because this is a recurrring question, I really feel like I should have a ready made spread for just this thing. So, does anyone out there know of a spread that would answer the following questions-
1. Will **** get arrested?
2. What will the outcome be?
3. Will ****go to jail?

and any other questions that you feel I'm forgetting & would be wise to include? I'm just at a loss here! thanks in advance.

*(blank) is always arrested & booked, but also is lucky enough to get bailed out of jail w/o spending a night in jail so far! but the threat is always there that finally a judge will be so tired of seeing them in court that he will throw them in for good. it's usually petty little things, though also drug problems.

sweet_intuition

Hey celticnoodle,

IHMO,

I feel there's really more you can offer to the querent rather than a simple "Will he go to jail?" kinda reading. Perhaps what's truly needed is a deep reading involving what the person is on a soul level. I would really recommend an expanded celtic cross (as shown in Mary K Greer's Tarot for Yourself), so that not only can you probably predict an outcome, but you can look into this person on a soul level, and help the querent understand him better. And perhaps a Tree of Life ending to conclude the session.

I really suggest that you should explain to the querent that it would probably benefit him/her more if she realized what's going on in that person's mind and soul. Perhaps in a way it can heal not only him, but the querent's relation to him on a soul level, and further bring about a personal transformation within him on an emotional, mental, and spiritual level.

This is just my humblest opinion. The final decision is yours

Love and Blessings

:)

celticnoodle

yes, thanks sweet_intuition. I have actually done a reading on this family member to see why and what it is that drives this person to doing the things this person does. the reading hinted at quite a lot of things--such as an illness, (and yes, I do think **** is ill), as well as that **** is just immature and irresponsible, which again---yes they most certaintly are.

part of the problem with this person lies with the fact that when younger, they were catered to and never made to be responsible. now that **** is older, they feel they should still be able to do whatever they want, unfortunately, it is usually not legal.

my client is not a parent to do this person, but closely tied, and unfortunately also suffers from the actions of ****. I will try a celtic cross spread, just to see what happens there, but was hoping someone may know of a more indepth (spelling?) spread that would work.

Willocwen

Perhaps try this question spread:

---1---
-2---3-
4--5--6

1: The current situation.
2, 3: The root of the problem.
4, 5, 6: The answer.

I find this works for most straight forward questions I have.

celticnoodle

thanks Willocwen, I'll try that one today for my client, and let her know I did another one. Will keep you posted on how it works.

Glass Owl

In another thread Esther mentioned this spread:
Esther said:
I found (this) from the book The Art of Tarot by Liz Dean.

The Question and Answer Spread:

1******7
*2****6*
**3**5*
***4****

1: The past
2: The present
3: Hidden influences that need to be considered
4: The attitudes of others around you
5: Best action to take
6: Obstacles in your path
7: The final outcome

celticnoodle

okay, thank you Glass Owl. I did try the spread that Willocwen mentioned, and got good results with that. Will also try the spread you mentioned G.O. thanks again.

Willocwen

Glad it worked for you. :)

Stormwitch

I use this one, which is quite similar to one above..It is called the 3 rays..

***1***
3**4**2

1 represents the seed, heart or root of the query.
2 represents the positive aspects or energies with the situation
3 represents the negative aspects or energies within the situation
4 represents the fusion of the first 3 cards and the result or outcome or basic answer to the query.

Ok I can't get the darn thing to look like a triangle but you get the picture I hope!!

celticnoodle

oh yes, thanks stormwitch. I'll try this too. have already tried the first one, now have to try these other two. thanks for posting it. will get to it soon, (though after I do some other promised readings) and then post here how well it seemed to answer the question. thanks for your input!