Suggestions For a Thread on Where and When and If?

natalie8

My thread title might sound vague or confusing, but here's the scenario. Hubby has been working on secondment in London for one year now (as of 2 weeks ago). I am still in Dubai and we have made the decision that I will go there to join him in February.

There are a few catches with this, though. We both want him to get a transfer there, but we won't know anything about this until the next few months, but even this is up in the air, the when, that is.

He has been extended and management are happy with him, and the work situation for him is much more hopeful in the UK. Right now I'm not working, and I'm just kind of on standby waiting for something to happen, such as official news or my move there.

If things remain as they are now, he would be staying on secondment and I would go to UK on a visit visa which is good for six months. This is OK, but I wouldn't be allowed to work on a visit visa.

I am working on plans to open my own business in holistic health, but it's a catch-22 because I wouldn't be allowed to work on the visit vis, I would need to go along with my hubby's transfer.

So, I know this sounds confusing, but I would like to do a spread, a KISS type one that would help to guide me with some questions, most of which from me are yes/no type quesitons.

Also, I would like to know if he doesn't get the transfer to the UK office, where we would end up. There are a couple of possibilities, but how can a spread show where? would it be better to do a timeline type thread?

My main questions are:

Will hubby get the transfer to the UK? I can't think of questions to clarify this without it being a yes / no question. :-(

If he does, when would it be?

If he doesn't, where will we end up?

It's so stressful not knowing. I'm not blessed with the virtue of patience, so I need to know. :p

I appreciate any advice. I'll post my reading on here with my interpretation, of course.

zannamarie

My thread title might sound vague or confusing, but here's the scenario. Hubby has been working on secondment in London for one year now (as of 2 weeks ago). I am still in Dubai and we have made the decision that I will go there to join him in February.

There are a few catches with this, though. We both want him to get a transfer there, but we won't know anything about this until the next few months, but even this is up in the air, the when, that is.

He has been extended and management are happy with him, and the work situation for him is much more hopeful in the UK. Right now I'm not working, and I'm just kind of on standby waiting for something to happen, such as official news or my move there.

If things remain as they are now, he would be staying on secondment and I would go to UK on a visit visa which is good for six months. This is OK, but I wouldn't be allowed to work on a visit visa.

I am working on plans to open my own business in holistic health, but it's a catch-22 because I wouldn't be allowed to work on the visit vis, I would need to go along with my hubby's transfer.

So, I know this sounds confusing, but I would like to do a spread, a KISS type one that would help to guide me with some questions, most of which from me are yes/no type quesitons.

Also, I would like to know if he doesn't get the transfer to the UK office, where we would end up. There are a couple of possibilities, but how can a spread show where? would it be better to do a timeline type thread?

My main questions are:

Will hubby get the transfer to the UK? I can't think of questions to clarify this without it being a yes / no question. :-(

If he does, when would it be?

If he doesn't, where will we end up?

It's so stressful not knowing. I'm not blessed with the virtue of patience, so I need to know. :p

I appreciate any advice. I'll post my reading on here with my interpretation, of course.
As I read this, I get the impression you have plans for which you'd like to move forward, but the when and where is in question because you expect to be following your husband wherever his work takes him.

Rather than focusing on him, I would suggest doing a spread for you because you appear to be the one who needs some peace and comfort with regards to the future.

Ask tarot how you might relieve your stress during this stressful time. I would suggest a Situation, Advice, Outcome spread (or a Situation, Advice, More Advice spread) because I think you are considering so many variables right now that it's clouding your peace of mind.

While tarot can be predictive, it's not always 100% correct. So, do you really want to ask whether or not your husband will get the transfer and then basing your actions on the answer to that question?

natalie8

Rather than focusing on him, I would suggest doing a spread for you because you appear to be the one who needs some peace and comfort with regards to the future.

Thanks for your reply and making this VERY good point! I never thought of it that way. It's true that I'm the one getting worried about it, but hubby keeps saying if they want him to stay, they'll say so.

The reason that I need to depend on him in a way is because of visas in this part of the world, but again, that's only an issue if you make it so.

I think your second suggestion of Situation, Advice, More Advice is the best for me now. I could also add one or two questions regarding my thoughts or feelings on it. I'll see what strikes me today.