Tarot as Innerconnected Journey/Narrative

Crawford of Lymond

Dear All,

Hello! I am interested in using tarot as a writing tool. I am currently reading "Tarot for Writers". It discusses the Fool's Journey, which I appreciate.

However, is there a book that discusses the narrative/Hero's Journey connections between the cards, specifically the minor arcana? Toward the end of "Mediatations on the Tarot", for example, the author hints at the spiritual progression from and through one suite to another. Is there a book that discusses this, card by card within a suite *and* suite by suite?

And where do I find a recourse that discusses how the numbered cards of each suite mirror each other (The Aces, twos, etc.)?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
CoL

ergoneris

This is for me the most fascinating aspect of Tarot. It helps you build a vision of the world, as it explains in detail how the world and the human beings work.

There is a journey there, in fact there are 3 journeys, one for the Mind, one for the Body (3rd dimension) and one for the Spirit.

These are interconnected and can be seen in a sequencial path, from 0-21 or by 3 series of 7, with 1-8-15, 2-9-16, 3-10-17, and so on.

I think you would like to see my site, that is exactly with that aspect in mind.

Just start here and comment if you´d like!

http://ergoneris.org/category/arcanum-explained/page/2/

Crawford of Lymond

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to reading your site in detail.

Do you know of resources for the minor arcana? I came across "Tarot and the Tree of Life", but I don't think it is what I am looking for re: the sequences within each suit--> the sequence (if there is one) beween one suit and the next (and what would be the sequence)?--> innerconnections between identical numbered cards throughout the suits.

Sincerely,
CoL

bogiesan

Dear All,
Hello! I am interested in using tarot as a writing tool. I am currently reading "Tarot for Writers". It discusses the Fool's Journey, which I appreciate.
CoL

Hi and welcome to the family. Over the next few days you will get several interesting replies and you can search the forum for similar terms; "fool's journey" is a popular theme, lots of threads.

I believe you will find, eventually, your creative writing can be stimulated to near orgasmic levels by tarot cards. But, before you achieve that ability to give and to receive such love, you will need a deck you like and then learn it--intimately.

Depending on your training in the craft of writing, you can deal out a few cards and create a storyline just by making stuff up from whatever the pictures suggest. Or you can get into divining a story by asking a question about your plotline and seeking an answer in a spread.

Try to enjoy your tarot decks as a creative writing tool set. Getting hung up in dogma that may not apply to your search can be frustrating.