Tarot Block

Pandora180

I tried to do a reading on a person I know through an online mutual friend and my intuition just said NO as soon as I sat down to do it and touched the cards. I follow my intuition, of course, and relayed the experience to this person. Surprisingly (or maybe, not so) he told me that this has happened to him every time someone's tried to read his cards and he believes it has to do with his mom putting a "protection" over him.

I'm not sure why protection would guard against a tarot reading... has this happened to anyone else?

Also, somewhat unrelated, what do you do if you get cards that are very dark (all of them) for someone? Do you just give them the blunt truth (I'm leaning towards yes -- I can't lie) or do you refuse to carry on with any further readings for them? In these cases, do you think your intuition would tell you ahead of time to stop like mine did for this guy?

Please share your thoughts!

magicjack

I would think a "protection" would protect from evil spirits maybe? I don't see tarot as a bad thing. Is it possible maybe you were having a block at the moment or not in the mood? Sometimes it helps to reground yourself, take a deep breath and start the reading again and see what happens.

The tarot can be very truthful and there are always going to be positive as well as negative energies show up in a reading. The truth can hurt sometimes but it's up to the reader to help show what positives can come from a bad situation.

Rev_Vesta

sometimes when a person is not ready for a reading, maybe some personal unconscious block to receiving what they need....as readers we can get No......
He believed his Mom had put some protection over him so his belief stops him from being ready to receiving a reading.... if he changed his thought and did not believe that thought then maybe he would be ready for a reading......

Not dark, maybe they need to face their shadow self.... so yes find a way to deliver the negative through offering them positive ways to make the changes they need.......

tarotbear

Surprisingly (or maybe, not so) he told me that this has happened to him every time someone's tried to read his cards and he believes it has to do with his mom putting a "protection" over him.

I'm not sure why protection would guard against a tarot reading... has this happened to anyone else?

Quite realistically, if his mother is 'protecting him from evil' - then anything she perceives as 'evil' would fall into this - drug dealers, serial killers, a zombie apocalypse, or occult practitioners.