Tarot de Marseille - Leo Ferre....

LixiPixi

....is there such a thing? Is it still available? Does anyone have it? Do you like it? I've only seen scans and just love the color scheme of it. If it is still available - is it ridiculously priced? I'd love some insight into this deck. I never hear it talked about around here and I know some of you are VERY well educated in TdM's! Enlighten me on the Leo Ferre, please??

LP~

ADDED: Here's the link to the deck....

http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/146

jmd

In the last Newsletter of the ATS - "Working with Children and Tarot", I also make mention of Pierrick Pinot's work (following on from the wonderful work undertaken by the Flornoys, and presented by Roxanne).

There are a number of threads hereon that have also discussed this deck - usually, however, in the context of the manner in which it was created, rather than the intrinsic value of the deck itself.

Though I have another of Pinot's wonderful Tarot de Marseille, I do not (at this stage) own this one. It is, in any case, a wonderful hallmark of work done with a group of teenagers, with both the great and not-so-great consequences of this kind of work.

A deck I value for its creation, rather than for its finished product.

LixiPixi

What wonderful bits of information - thank you so much! That certainly explains the inconsistencies in the drawings. Being a homeschooling mother, it just adds to the interest I have in this deck. Does anyone know if it was ever or is it available for purchase? Did it ever get published by anyone?

Moonbow

Hi Lixi,

I knew I read about this some time ago... there is an old thread here

Rusty Neon

I'm curious as to what happened to the "original" Leo Ferre deck that was made by the schoolchildren. Did each child take home his/her card? Or are the 78 original cards kept somewhere, such as in a display cabinet at the school?

Anyone know?