Tarot for the Modern world

Ashtaroot

humm no one read this book ?

xdiminished

I have never heard of it before, but based on the blurb I just read on amazon, it looks like its worth a look! If I had the funds to order it, I would but Im going up to NH for the night for a boxing show and a party. Tickets plus hotel fee broke my bank account.

I have that link saved though, so I'll let you know as soon as I pick it up.

Emily

I'm halfway to ordering this book too from reading the blurbs - it seems as though the author has tried to bring modern meanings into the tarot and that could be interesting to how she has interpreted these meanings.

If I get it, I'll let you know about it too. :)

Bernice

Excerpt from the book is here:

http://justinealessi.com/

I read the reviews...... enlightening....wisdom...modern..etc. They seem a bit too gushing. Reserving my opinion until a clear explanation surfaces.

Bee :)

Emily

She certainly wrote enough about the Cup Queen - I wonder what she wrote about the Sword Queen? You've made me more curious than I was before LOL :)

Bernice

Yep, I read the excerpt about the Queen of Cups :p
RW re-hash in an 'affirmation' writing style. Not for me.

Bee :(

Manda

I have this book, picked up at a used bookstore, but I haven't read it. So I guess, really, I am not help at all. :)

It looks like it might be interesting, but I am quite a collector of tarot books I never get around to reading. I'm more of a do it yourself kinda gal.

Catwomyn

An excerpt from her site:
"Tarot cards are an oracle with a traceable history to the twelfth century . They were used by Egyptian priests and priestesses to enlighten and provide wisdom. "

Doesn't bode well. Sounds a bit fluffy new age for me.