Tarot of the Old Path

velvetina

(I'm a bit rubbish with the 'search' function)

I'd love your opinions on the Tarot of the Old Path.

I thought that I really didn't like it, but now I suddenly find I do! Despite my finding it odd, despite my not being Wiccan, or even witchy, despite all the white space...I'm kind of really, surprisingly interested in it.

Who else loves it? hates it? uses it?

MagsStardustBlack

Hi Velvetina,

I understand what you mean about not liking it at first then it happens to grow on you. I thought about buying this deck last year but decided that although i adored some images that i really didn't like other images, so i decided again it. I was looking for a deck i could connect to being a white solitary witch, which was a path i was slowly treading.

But now myself and 2 other solitary witches are starting a Circle so we can all share and study together and i just happened to look at this deck again. And now i cant get it out of my head and i really want to buy it.

I feel like i love the white backgrounds and i love the use of colors to for each suit. I also love how there is esoteric information and symbols to give it extra oomf.

And now i look at it and i really don't remember what it was that i didn't initially like.

The only bug bearer i have is the backs, i don't really like the image of the colour of the image.

Le Fanu

Not one of my staple decks but there are worse decks out there and I don't think you need to be Wiccan or female to use it although that is the general feel of the packaging and marketing. There are some lovely cards in there but if I remember rightly there are quite a few Minors with funny faces and noses pointier than their shoes, that kind of thing. I think there might in fact be a couple of killer cards in there which I just can't deal with but can't remember off the top of my head. Nothing quite in the same league as the Northern Shadows Cheese Man but maybe a couple with 'off' faces...

donnalee

I find that it reads very well when I do readings for others, and that the meanings I perceive are not the usual ones sometimes and yet they apply to the sitter. I don't use the book at all now, since what they say and the feeling I get often disagrees!

Celtictarot

My first deck!! I think it reads as the deck isn't too busy and I agree with Le Fanu with the northern shadows cheese man, I was like wuh? If you like some interesting art which give you the message without it being too busy with the art, this a deck for you.

Just watch the weird teeth lady on the 3 of cups, she is a bit distracting.

MagsStardustBlack

Le Fanu, CelticTarot,

Pointy noses, weird teeth.......... now i remember cringe!

Hmmmm i think il by Shadowscapes instead ;.)