Tarot, Oracles, didactic cards

SphinYote

Right now I'm in the very preliminary stages of planning a deck.

Thematically:
The Renaissance, various families, their art and patronage. A focus on the Art of Memory, including a visualization for a memory room. Possibly focus on Renaissance Studioli. Possibly beyond that. Or maybe on the artistic production of a single family, the second branch of the Medici, for example (the branch headed by Cosimo I, that took power after the assassination of Alessandro).

Purpose:
Useful as oracle
Useful for meditation
Visualization of an actual Memory space
Didactic: It is very important to me that it be scholarly and accurate to the time period. In some ways this trumps its purpose as an oracle.

Potential (assuming I keep producing more after the first deck):
To move beyond, link into similar decks further down the road.
To be able to create similarly structured decks to make comparisons
To be used in an educational setting, either for children or as a fun study tool for adults--comparing similar types for works across decks.

What I kind of envision is a more structured version of these (if anyone remembers them from their childhood):
http://www.atlaspicturecards.com/safari_cards.html

But, without information on the back (rather, consistent backs--like traditional tarot or oracles--with a book to refer to instead), in the framework of Tarot, or an offshoot of Tarot.

Divisions by suit according to family or theme, but I'm thinking that while the structure of the Minors works for this, the Majors throw the whole thing off if I want to keep uniform suits and structures, and something that could consistently be built into a memory-structure...

At any rate, it's a good excuse for me to order pretty research books from Amazon....:D

We'll see what comes of this. I'm having more enthusiasm for this than I've felt about anything in a long time.

Thoughts?

Yote