The Book of the Law Study Group 2.50

Grigori

Naturally this line takes me back to Chapter 1

Nuit said:
My colour is black to the blind, but the blue & gold are seen of the seeing

Hadit of course would be reflecting the true colors of Nuit, blue and gold, given the constant conjuncting. Red seems an appropriate color for Hadit to have in his eyes, Martial and fiery.

I had to look up what a spangle is exactly, its not really a word I ever hear or use, apart from knowing it shows up in the American national anthem describing the flag.

Dictionary.com said:

A small, often circular piece of sparkling metal or plastic sewn especially on garments for decoration.

A small sparkling object, drop, or spot: spangles of sunlight.

I wonder why purple and gold? Purple = red & blue together, and green for blue and..... "gold"?

Red, blue and gold (yellow) are primary colors, and purple and green are secondary combinations perhaps. Red blue and gold are high on the tree of life color scale, purple and green near to the bottom...

Always Wondering

I found James Eschelman's thoughts on the colors intresting.

Green and purple remind me of the interior colors most prevalent under very pure LSD. The purple is not chromatic purple, but “Purple beyond purple,” ultra-violet, which is, scientifically, “the light higher than eyesight.” Interestingly, U.V. lamps have come to be called “black light,” and have some interesting properties. If U.V. closes the color wheel, it and green are opposite each other, for green is the mid-color of the visible spectrum. Purple and green per se seem to imply Jupiter and Venus; but I think the “purple” meant here is the color of Spirit. Since vision is attributed to Fire, “higher than eyesight” means “higher than Fire,” or, once more, Spirit (Quintessence). This is, then, a further commentary on the “egg” of verse 49.

AW

ravenest

Some say purple doesnt exist, its a way we see things as it is 'higher than eyesight' and our brain, to avoid confusion creates purple (google it - interesting) also it is the spiritual 'higher' color of Bishops, Emperors, etc.
On a color band each color has its frequency listed with red going beyond (or below) eyesight into infra-red (heat) and violet going beyond or above eyesight into ultra-violet radiation. But;
On a color wheel where each color has its frequency vibration listed BUT where the colors go beyond violet and red and blend into the purples those colors are shown with a negative frequency.

Can anyone explain to me how a color can have a negative frequency (since the frequency is a measure of a number of waves in a certain distance, how can it be negative ????

Yes, purple IS a strange one! It has the same frequency as green, but as a negative number.