The Book of The Law Study Group 3.71

Aeon418

This verse seems to be different from the surrounding verses. It appears to be a salutation directed towards the "twin warriors" - Heru-Ra-Ha. But who is giving this greeting?

This is the 216th verse. Among other things 216 = ARIH - Leo, the Lion. (Lust 11)
But 216 is also 6 x 6 x 6 - The Beast.
In this verse it appears that the Beast (or Crowley) is turning towards Heru-Ra-Ha in greeting, almost in the manner of Liber Resh.

"Pillars of the world" always makes me think of the Poles. What a fitting image for the Twin-God who unites all polarities.
The Pillars also make me think of the Pillars or the Temple. Heru-Ra-Ha is at the threshold and is about to enter in. But I also get the sense of a spiral. The twin warriors are 'about' the pillars.
Aleister Crowley said:
It will be seen that every form of energy is this picture is spiral. Zoroaster says, "God is he, having the head of a hawk; having a spiral force". It is interesting to note that this oracle appears to anticipate the present Aeon, that of the hawk-headed Lord, and also of the mathematical conception of the shape of the Universe as calculated by Einstein and his school.

The "time is nigh at hand" is reminiscent of many biblical verses announcing the end times and the return of the Messiah. So get your sandwhich board out with AL III:71 written on it. :laugh:

71 = IVNH. Yonah - Dove. Interesting in connection with the Lion, Teth - Serpent. The Dove and the Serpent.

This verse contains 17 words. The 17th Path is Zain, the Double edged Sword, and Gemini - the Twins.

66 letters. The sum of the numbers 1 to 11. Emblem of the Great Work and the Qliphoth.

Grigori

This verse reminds me of some of the tarot cards, though with different conclusions than Aeon. The Twin Warriors brings to mind the Lovers cards, and Crowley's comments on this being better titles 'The Brothers', and 'as brothers fight ye'. Also the twins on The Sun card.

Pillars of the World leads me to think of the four fixed signs as on The Universe, and the 4 elements.

Aeon418

Pillars of the World leads me to think of the four fixed signs as on The Universe, and the 4 elements.
I think the World/Universe card is implied here. I keep thinking of P.F.Case's version with the figure holding twin spirals that are said to represent involution and evolution.

But the Thoth image is not a million miles away either.
Aleister Crowley said:
In her hands she manipulates the radiant spiral force, the active and passive, each possessing it's dual polarity. Her dancing partner is shown as Heru-Ra-Ha of Atu XIX.

Aeon418

The last four verses could represent, or be mapped onto, IHVH and the four Kerubim as shown on The Universe card.

Verse 72. Fire - Double Wand of Power.

Verse 73. Water - Manuscript pages? Or Nuit's book - the ROTA. (Liber Tav?) The letter Heh means 'behold'.

Verse 74. Air - The Son-Vav.

Verse 75. Earth - Completion.

Aeon418

Now that we've moved on to the next verse it might be safe to mention that this verse is popular with certain fantastical elements of the 9/11 conspiracy brigade.

Was Crowley responsible for bringing down the Twin Towers? :rolleyes:

An Evangelical Christian, William Ramsey, wrote a book about it.
I've been meaning to pick up a copy for a while now. I love a good laugh. :laugh:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1460920694/ref=nosim/aeclectic/
William Ramsey said:
In the following pages, I will establish three essential points:

1. Crowley was extremely evil,
2. Crowley was in contact with evil spirits,
3. Crowley influenced the 9/11 event and the emergent New World Order.

Based on Crowley's own writings, the infromation contained herein will establish that Aleister Crowley was the foremost Satanist and enemy of Christianity in recorded history.

ravenest

Please post a detailed review here .... should be entertaining (some people accused me and our local branch of the OTO of being part of the 'New World Order' and wanting to 'take over the world' ).

Me; " What? With $168 in our Oasis bank account and a temple made from bamboo, plastic and shade cloth ? " :laugh: