The deck that will accompany my second book (advice needed)

moderndayruth

Ok, i am facing a "situation"... better say, a disaster. As you know, my second book, which is Tarot-based fiction ( i promisse to interprete&post some parts very soon) is supposed to come out by the end of this year and i still don't have the deck that will go with it... My publisher considered three artists, one's work was too "abstract", the other one couldn't really connect with the cards and the third one, whom they chose to create the deck... left the country and noone knows what happened with him. Crazy, but true.
Now i am "hanging in the air", the publisher suggests the stories to go without the deck, my debute book is a bestseller and it will sell-out anyway, but my main goal with the second book was to promote the wisdom Tarot in this area (Balkans) where hardly anyone heard of it... I still have the option to postpone the publishing for the beginning of next year ('08) and pray for the miracle that some artists willing to do this project "occurs" somehow...
Gosh, i hope this ordeal is for the best, please do replay if any suggestions/ solutions come to your mind.

baba-prague

Sorry to hear this, but I don't have any solutions. It's hard to find good artists who can commit to doing 78 cards (it's such a big amount of work). We've been through this a few times, trying out people here who happily produce about six great cards then realise the full extent of the work and back out - erk!

I wish you luck with this - and would love to read some pieces from your book.

moderndayruth

Karen, thank you for the kind words and the encouragment! I admire your work, honestly, i think that the book you wrote to accompany ToP is (simply) the best, i love your stile and insights and, nevertheless i lived in Prague for four years, it made me look at the places i've been many times with "different eyes" (btw, you are on my myspace.com list among the five people i would love to meet:)).
What is sad is that this deck is supposed to be majors only and i had the same situation with this artist, he did the Devil, The Charion and The Magician... and disappeared :(
BTW, I am so inspired by your work, i thought it would be exciting to make Tarot of Montenegro later on ( after some willing-to-commit-to-the -project artist appears); it's an ancient area (country), full of magic, miths and legends...
And we do have many travelers coming here, i think it would be really exciting...
Gosh, wish me luck, i think i'll need it!
Thank you one more time.
Love&Light
Lena Ruth

WalesWoman

For some reason your homepage/website link won't work for me at all.

Sorry to hear you don't have a deck to go with your book...

Debra

Ruth, why not use a Marseilles tarot? If it's majors only, Marseilles is terrific; the images couldn't be more beautiful and they belong to the world.

moderndayruth

I have great news! Thanks God, Sidhe Ra dicided to create this (majors-only) deck! I think everyone here knows her fabulous Sidhe Tarot and Transparent Tarot; here is a link where you can see the cards in their full splendour
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=12892ac8-f035-4558-b70d-27626f87518f
(sth is not ok with myspace url's that's why i copy-pasted the whole thing)
If you'd like to see my page, my display name is Lena Ruth, i guess it could be found trough search, i don't know what's wrong with this thing :( :(
I am so happy and excited about Em creating this deck, it fortified my faith that really everithing is for the better, i mean all the ordeal i went through before this (miracle) happened.
Thank you for support,
Love&Light
Lena Ruth

Sidhe-Ra

I'm excited about this deck! It's going to be called 'Tarot of the Black Mountain', and will be inspired by the beautiful landscape, monuments and culture of Montenegro. I'm away for a week, but I'll start on it when I get back.

Don't worry- I won't neglect my other projects! The transparent is nearly finished, and I'll still find time to write the books. The Never Tarot might get pushed back a bit, but is not forgotten :)

Lena- is it okay to share images on here as I work on it?

Blessings,

Em xx

moderndayruth

Yes, yes, yes!!! Thank you, Em! I sent an e-mail, this is a great idea, thus i can write the LWB simultaneosly.
I wrote to Mr Adam McLean the great news and he wrote back that you creating the deck is good news indeed, he can distribute the deck trough his mailing list and website. This is another wish come true, B'li Ayin Hara !
The good news is also that the deck will be printed here, in Montenegro, because the printing costs are far lower than in UK/ USA, so the "Black Mountains Tarot" will be affordable for collectors :) :)
i am sending you tons of
Love&Light
Lena Ruth