The Devil reversed as probable outcome?

Kobarot

I just threw together a small little spread (five card) to ask for some advice on contacting an acquaintance of mine who I haven't seen in some time. Using the Gilded tarot, I got as such:

What he thought of me then: The Lovers reversed
How he remembers me now: 4 of Swords
How he would react to being contacted by me: 2 of Swords reversed
Advice: Page of Swords
Probable Outcome: The Devil reversed

The Lovers reversed: The last time I saw him he did seem to have some kind of crush on me, but we never really got to know each other too well, and I see the reversal as indicative of such (aborted relationship or friendship)

4 of Swords: This one was a little tricky--I think it means that maybe once in a while he remembers me somewhat fondly? The man in the 4 of Swords in the Gilded looks to be sleeping, but he's also smiling. Maybe he idly wonders about me occasionally, minus any kind of emotional attachment?

2 of Swords reversed: Confusion, confliction, not sure how he should react, surprised.

Page of Swords: I should be honest and forthright with him, not try to make him feel awkward or anything. "Just wanted to see how you were doing, here's my contact info, you can drop a line if you want, or not, that's okay."

But the Devil? I really don't know. At all. Just that it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Also, what's everyone's take on all the Swords? I'm prone to see that as encouraging because this is about communication and the like, and none of them were particularly dreadful Swords (eg, 3 of Swords). But still...they're Swords.

Kobarot

Those are definitely insightful takes on it, mostly what I had in mind myself looking at the card, notably the obsession, sexuality, and emerging bonds. Someone commented that The Devil is our own collection of vices and issues staring us right in the face--for me, it's attention. I won't go into a whole journal entry about my various issues, suffice to say that I have a huge hangup about being attractive to the opposite sex (that is, I don't perceive myself as such and get absolutely obsessed with figuring out if guys are attracted to me or not).

So perhaps that is to say this will end with obsession on my part? Constantly puzzling over what he thinks of me? Or being tempted after finding out he's attracted to me?

I mean that would make sense, except I'm not getting much of a "this will succeed and you will re-establish some kind of rapport" vibe from any of the other cards. Chances are good he won't return my overtures, and if that happens, I really wouldn't get worked up into a Devil-reversed quandary about wondering what happened on his end.

That, and at the moment I'm about a four hour car drive away from him (as far as I know, but I'm sure he went to a localish school while I migrated to the Great Barren North). So there's not much chance for any kind of getting-together.

goddessof1967

MST3Kakalina said:
I just threw together a small little spread (five card) to ask for some advice on contacting an acquaintance of mine who I haven't seen in some time. Using the Gilded tarot, I got as such:

What he thought of me then: The Lovers reversed
Yes I think your interp. was right here. Possibly he also saw you as someone who was beyond his reach r'ship wise.
How he remembers me now: 4 of Swords
He remembers you as being maybe a bit reserved and self-protective which kind of ties in with Lovers rx. He wouldhave loved to gotten to know you better but you always remained just out of reach, for whatever reason.
How he would react to being contacted by me: 2 of Swords reversed
I take this as a good sign in that I see the exact opposite meaning of the 2 Sw trad. It usually means blocking thoughts, memories, not being able to face the truth about a situation. Maybe through this surprise contact he has re-opened his mind and memories and is satisfied that you 2 never actually got together but happy to be ableto have a friendship now.
Advice: Page of Swords
Possibly this could mean that you 2 may have more email contact before you actually meet. This might be a good to re-establish a rapport and determine if you have enough in commom to maintain a friendship.
Probable Outcome: The Devil reversed
Well this can only be good can't it? A reversed Devil may mean that once your (possibly negative)preconceived ideas of each other in this new day will be turned upside down and the real you will be able to emerge.

Just a few thoughts. Hope they help a little.

Gx