The Empress clarified by the nine of cups repeatedly showing as representing a man

cattarot

I was doing a reading for someone about a difficult situation requiring formal mediation. We did a variation of my perspective reading to get a preparatory view of how important parties viewed her as opposed to the person about whom she is complaining. The cards were generally positive about both parties. And each person had a slightly different view of her. But what struck me is three different people I asked about all saw this man as the empress and the nine of cups. Now knowing what I do about him my gut instinct told me "lucky with the ladies; a womanizer who gets everything in life". The sitter also looks like the Empress, Strength, and Star cards (which come up in relation to her a lot). The other party tried to have some kind of relationship with her, but it led into work-place sexual harassment and borderline stalking. For that reason I cannot see people thinking of him as nurturing, maternal, and protective. The creativity and abundance fits with him. But I think sometimes the cards speak to us in ways that are more creative than the original or traditional meanings and for me this emphasized his luck with the ladies (and he is apparently notorious for being a womanizer who enjoys his drink--I've also witnessed his use of his waning good looks to try to further his own career by sweet talking powerful older women). Does this non-traditional interpretation seem too far-fetched? What are some other ways of reading this combination? And why might it show up so often for so many people's views of him? Could he be overly emotional, feminine, and more nurturing in his approach to feelings than would be expected (he did in the past feel really bad about the way he treated the sitter, but then screwed up again because of impulse control problems). 9 of cups is the wish card too, so not sure how that would fit as a person aside from extremely lucky, has everything he could want in life? I'll stop rambling now and let you all impart some wisdom.

StarScream

I was doing a reading for someone about a difficult situation requiring formal mediation. We did a variation of my perspective reading to get a preparatory view of how important parties viewed her as opposed to the person about whom she is complaining. The cards were generally positive about both parties. And each person had a slightly different view of her. But what struck me is three different people I asked about all saw this man as the empress and the nine of cups. Now knowing what I do about him my gut instinct told me "lucky with the ladies; a womanizer who gets everything in life". The sitter also looks like the Empress, Strength, and Star cards (which come up in relation to her a lot). The other party tried to have some kind of relationship with her, but it led into work-place sexual harassment and borderline stalking. For that reason I cannot see people thinking of him as nurturing, maternal, and protective. The creativity and abundance fits with him. But I think sometimes the cards speak to us in ways that are more creative than the original or traditional meanings and for me this emphasized his luck with the ladies (and he is apparently notorious for being a womanizer who enjoys his drink--I've also witnessed his use of his waning good looks to try to further his own career by sweet talking powerful older women). Does this non-traditional interpretation seem too far-fetched? What are some other ways of reading this combination? And why might it show up so often for so many people's views of him? Could he be overly emotional, feminine, and more nurturing in his approach to feelings than would be expected (he did in the past feel really bad about the way he treated the sitter, but then screwed up again because of impulse control problems). 9 of cups is the wish card too, so not sure how that would fit as a person aside from extremely lucky, has everything he could want in life? I'll stop rambling now and let you all impart some wisdom.

First reaction was that, (forgive me if this come off in the wrong way) but womanly qualities. I mean how often do you meet men that are trying to use their looks to get them advances. I mean, isint that a womanly thing to do? Also another thought, might be that the empress actually represents this older powerful woman! 9 of cups - just look at that piicture, the table is up signifigantly higher then him, and whats behind that curtain? He is possibly hiding something.

Also, i agree with your thought "lucky with the ladies"

cattarot

First reaction was that, (forgive me if this come off in the wrong way) but womanly qualities. I mean how often do you meet men that are trying to use their looks to get them advances. I mean, isint that a womanly thing to do? Also another thought, might be that the empress actually represents this older powerful woman! 9 of cups - just look at that piicture, the table is up signifigantly higher then him, and whats behind that curtain? He is possibly hiding something.

Also, i agree with your thought "lucky with the ladies"

That is really interesting. . . womanly qualities. Yeah, I can see that. . . he is open about his feelings, very emotional, declared his feelings for this woman (to men, but not to her, who then mocked him and their relationship). Using his good looks to get ahead also is not a traditional masculine approach to things. I hadn't thought about them seeing him in relation to this older powerful woman but actually that could make sense. The thing my sitter is complaining about is that he used this powerful woman (who is somewhat famous) to publicly humiliate her. The other behaviors were dealt with before, but to no avail. The recent complaint involves this older powerful woman. So they may very much see him in relation to what he did, and how he used his connections. So on the plus side they believe my sitter about what happened (and some of them were witnesses so of course they should), but on the negative side it may be that he is too powerful and too well connected for them to see past it to do what is right for my sitter and the situation.