The Encyclopedia of Tarot: A Rave

Satori

I have volumes I and II of Stuart Kaplan's Encyclopedia series.
I've had them for a while, but never really read them much.

Well, the other day I sat down with one of the volumes and was going thru page after page of the book, looking at decks and decks...

And I had a small epiphany about a card!

The Tower.

Seeing so many Tower cards, over and over again I began to look at them in a new way, making some new associations.

So while I now see the value in a whole new way of what these Encyclopedias mean, I also feel like a convert to the comparative Tarot method.

la-luna

Being a fan of the encyclopaedias I can only applaud your growing interest in them
The are great as a learning tool comparing so many decks show us deeper meanings we wood only have found throe many years
I sometimes compare it for me as taking part in a university course but then one where you are taking part with the 3 parts of your being

redfairy

i too have collected encyclopedias for many years. i just bought the encyclopedia two months back and i was amazed at the content. It's just great! more of you should invest in it to see a variety of stuff!

tmgrl2

You are so right, elf.

Each time I sit down with one just to browse through...something catches my eye...

I have all four....The PC Smith article in the beginning of Volume III caught my eye...it was well-done with wonderful graphics of her art work.

terri

Alissa

:D You had a Tower experience, elf! About the Tarot! :D Old paradigms came crashing down, and the foundation that remians to be built from is one based in Truth and Compassion.

How awesome, thank you for sharing that. I don't yet have the encyclopedias for myself, but there's Christmas ideas to think of!!! ;)

Satori

Alissa said:
:D You had a Tower experience, elf! About the Tarot! :D Old paradigms came crashing down, and the foundation that remians to be built from is one based in Truth and Compassion.

How awesome, thank you for sharing that. I don't yet have the encyclopedias for myself, but there's Christmas ideas to think of!!! ;)

Thanks for that Alissa!
You just did a little reading for me. thank you girl.
That is just what happened.

Now I'm eager to get Vols 3 & 4.

Peace all,
elf