The Tarot Cafe

Samarial

We went to the bookstore and my hubby pointed out this in the manga section for me:

http://www.tokyopop.com/product/2142/TarotCafeThe/1

This is an interesting manhwa ( like manga, but this is a story by a Korean artist) and the art style is pretty neat. It also had the meanings of the cards when the reader read the cards which I thought was pretty neat.

So check this one out if you like comics.

Greg Stanton

I read the first three — pretty good.

The only thing that put me off a little is that all the guys are drawn to look like girls, and the only way you can tell they are guys is that the other characters refer to them as "he".

Samarial

Greg Stanton said:
I read the first three — pretty good.

The only thing that put me off a little is that all the guys are drawn to look like girls, and the only way you can tell they are guys is that the other characters refer to them as "he".

lol i know right, although they were super cute, they reminded me of the old japanese visual kei look where the men dressed like beauitful girls ..

WolfyJames

I have the whole serie and I love it. It was my first manga and I've developed an obsession for mangas ever since. The artist draws so beautifully and I personally love all those girly guys she draws, they're so beautiful. I have a few other mangas she drew as well and I keep gushing at the guys. The serie consists mostly of short stories in each volume, but there is a story in the back as well that we get to know more and more until it becomes the focus towards the last volumes. In each volume as well the artist draws tarot cards from well known tarot decks and she seems to know tarot well because the main character, who is a tarot reader, reads a few characters throughout the serie and her readings are accurate.

Samarial

WolfyJames said:
I have the whole serie and I love it. It was my first manga and I've developed an obsession for mangas ever since. The artist draws so beautifully and I personally love all those girly guys she draws, they're so beautiful. I have a few other mangas she drew as well and I keep gushing at the guys. The serie consists mostly of short stories in each volume, but there is a story in the back as well that we get to know more and more until it becomes the focus towards the last volumes. In each volume as well the artist draws tarot cards from well known tarot decks and she seems to know tarot well because the main character, who is a tarot reader, reads a few characters throughout the serie and her readings are accurate.

yea i love the art style too, as an anime artist i can appreciate it. I have only gotten the first volume, but I definately will be collecting the rest very soon~!

Minotauro

*evil thread necromancy*

I just started reading it , I was gonna make a thread about it! I cant believe I had not heard of it before , its very good IO mean we always heard the complaints of people saying " oh that card doesnt mean that" etc and this one was pretty good, and I like how the story unfolds as she turns the cards.

Minotauro

also.... do you think it was a coincidence the main character was named " pamela" ? HA 'cause I dont =P

bogiesan

Be sure to search the forum for additional discussions about "Tarot Cafe" going all the way back to 2005. The author, Park Sang-Sun, working with Chandra Rooney, has written a series of short novels based on the manga but they're hard to find. If you're interested, be sure to include "novel" in your search criteria on any online bookseller. But I strongly urge you to order the volumes through your local bookshop.

david boise ID