the tower

velvet moon

'what does X seek to have with Y, relationship wise' (The hierophant, tbe star) the tower. I'm baffled, the other two cards indicate a hope or dream of sacred partnership or marriage yet the tower doesn't seem to fit....my interpertation was x wants all the passion, pain and pleasure of falling madly in love and that 'you're the only one' feeling but ultimately they see it as temporary...perhaps the person is a relationship sabotager, the kind that sabotages when they have something good? how would you interpert the tower here?

nisaba

Perhaps it's information that is based on an assumption that isn't so, making it an unanswerable question (if they don't seek anything), so your deck is throwing uninterpretable cards every time you ask.

Or perhaps they are really not all that interested, or they are a really private person who may be deeply offended to have a reading done about their thoughts, in which case the card might be telling you to stop before any Tower-like disasters happen, like them finding out you've been doing readings and losing their tempers <grin>. I know I'd be furious if I ever found out anyone was reading about my inner thoughts - if I want someone to know what I'm thinking, I'll tell them, and if I don't tell them, what does that mean? That I don't want them to know! And I'm by no means alone in that attitude.

Or it could mean that they have a broken-down old ruin of a house somewhere, and would like you to help them renovate it (don't laugh - a friend of mine pulled the Tower regularly for weeks before their house was struck by lightning and the roof damaged!)

How did you first *feel* when you saw the image? Excited? Fearful? Something else? Your gut reaction before you had a chance to think about it will be a big clue as to its impact and interpretation on this occasion.

velvet moon

thanks for your reply, nisaba. X clearly has feelings - at least of attraxtion toY but you're right, he could have no further desire. actually my initial gut response was not bad, rather that he desires to shake up her life in some way. . . does that make sense? good point though, about doing a probe into what someones private desires are..even if the client asks you to.

DDwarks

Ignore me x

velvet moon

thanks for your reply, nisaba. X clearly has feelings - at least of attraxtion toY but you're right, he could have no further desire. actually my initial gut response was not bad, rather that he desires to shake up her life in some way. . . does that make sense? good point though, about doing a probe into what someones private desires are..even if the client asks you to.

Laurelle

THe hierophant doesn't mean marriage unless it's flanked by other supporting cards. THe star nor is the Tower one of them.

So the question isn't what She wants. It's what He wants?

He wants from her?

Perhaps he dreams of having a sexual explosion (tower) with her (star), but that it won't happen (hierophant) because he is very traditional (hierophant) and doesn't want a purely sexual relationship. (star + tower)

Star plus tower equals unrealistic expectations, which I think are stemming from HER. Third party readings are never just about the other person. They are always about the querent who is sitting there.

I don't see this as a good combination. I reduced the numbers to a 2. HP. Unattainable.

Built in the sky (tower) and fantasies (star)......but hiero says, "it's stuck. It won't move. and loss will occur (tower+hiero)

velvet moon

THe hierophant doesn't mean marriage unless it's flanked by other supporting cards. THe star nor is the Tower one of them.

"So the question isn't what She wants. It's what he want's?"

"Perhaps he dreams of having a sexual explosion (tower) with her (star), but that it won't happen (hierophant) because he is very traditional (hierophant) and doesn't want a purely sexual relationship. (star + tower
"star plus tower equals unrealistic expectations, which I think are stemming from HER. Third party readings are never just about the other person. They are always about the querent who is sitting there.
I don't see this as a good combination. I reduced the numbers to a 2. HP. Unattainable.

Built in the sky (tower) and fantasies (star)......but hiero says, "it's stuck. It won't move. and loss will occur (tower+hiero)
so it's there but all mental - unable to manifest currently? I definately sense it's predominantly a case of mind, fantisizing etc rather than concrete. I mean we all seek a reading for those matters of the heart which we aren't confident enough to manifest outwardly. They can still be very real though and occasionally the cards can help guide someone to pursue or not :) in this case I'd say the guy is probably not ready to go beyond far off sexual dreaming - although a little encouragment never hurt! lol I totally see what you're seeing there with the hierophant clashing with the star - actually the tower could even represent the effect those conflicting desires have on him. i've always seen the star as a sort of 'meaningul, magical one night stands' that mostly only occur in our minds. so he could be having those thoughts and the hierophant could be as you said - he's traditional and these desires disturb him, therefore he wants to tear down and break away from this hold she has on him.- the tower!