The Wheel of Fortune predicing death??

Tarot-of-Glass

I have a family member (Carol) who was in the hospital waiting for a lung transplant. We were visiting with her mom last Saturday, and Carol was not doing well at all. That night I decided to pull one Tarot card about Carol’s future. Would she get the transplant? Would it go well? Not at all? How will she be in the future? Those were the feelings/thoughts I had when I pulled the card. I know it wasn’t too specific, but that’s what was on my mind when I pulled the card.

I pulled the Wheel of Fortune (upright). I find this card kind of confusing, but I took it to mean that things would change for Carol and things were going to get better (because the card was upright). Well, today I get a call that Carol died this morning. I really thought an upright Wheel was supposed to be good? I guess not….

I’ve pulled cards before regarding death and neither time did I get the death card! The Wheel I've gotten both times. The last time I pulled 3 cards (on what was the reason my dad didn't show up to work...he was dead) and they were the Chariot, the 5 of Pentacles rx and the Wheel rx. I'm really starting to wonder if there is a very strong meaning with the Wheel. It doesn't mean just luck or happenstance. It's a card of destiny....something that was meant to happen, either good or bad. I don't know... I do know I'll never look at the Wheel quite the same anymore, that's for sure!

Anyone else have the Wheel mean death??

Catherine

starrystarrynight

Would she get the transplant? Would it go well? Not at all? How will she be in the future? Those were the feelings/thoughts I had when I pulled the card.
Those are a lot of different and even conflicting questions, Catherine, so I think it would be difficult to pinpoint exactly what the Wheel was speaking to when you drew it about Carol.

I think phrasing the question is very important to get a good read on the "answer" in any spread. Plus, I would guess you were quite agitated and worried when you asked, and that, itself, might skew a reading.

That's not to say that the Wheel can't come up to signify death. I've never had it happen (that I can remember), but that doesn't mean it can't, I suppose!

Vadella

Well, you know that it means there will be a definite change in the circumstances and I can see how you took it positively... I do wonder what card was behind it and what card was at the bottom of the reading. You could take it as if she was taking a chance or roll of the dice with this transplant. She is also in a much better place now, IMO. What was the emotion that came to you as you first stared at this card? I know you said you were confused from it so maybe that was telling you right there that something wasn't correct with the whole situation.

xx
Vad

Aladdin

W of F

Am sorry to read about that about the transplant and it must be upsetting.
Perhaps this is contrary to the norm but have to say i've never had much particularly good feeling from this card, perhaps because my life has always seemed hard work etc. The idea that a reversal indicates a reversal of fortune or immediate bad luck is cobblers in my opinion. There may be a slowing or speeding up of events but there almost certainly is no correct or wrong angle to view a circle or wheel, surely ?
For what it's worth i do not believe death comes at the behest of a card, tarot or otherwise ; there may be indications but nothing more than that.
Best wishes,
Martin.

tarotlyn

Catherine, I always see The Wheel of Fortune card X (ten) like this:

Ten meaning a "completion" of fate or destiny...
Completions (sometimes, ten's in Tarot) CAN signal endings also...
The wheel of fate turns and changes your life...
...it can also release someone from burdens...

At the time you drew this card, Carol was suffering...
and a "completion" of fate or change of her destiny was coming to her...

And when you cross over to the other side, that is a good, fortunate and happy turn of fate,
so they say there. :)

So, it could have indicated to you that she would happily, and easily
pass over to the other side.

And you are right, normally the upright position of this card is positive
in our earthly way of thinking...
but in her case of suffering, and with the possibility of a lung operation that might have caused her more suffering...
...she chose to go out with the hand of fate changing for her...but in a "positive" light of release
from suffering and of finding final peace on the other side.

All this just proves that we should NEVER take any Tarot card for granted!
Because there are a lot of
deeper spiritual meanings behind those amazing images!!! We as readers, speaking really for myself,
but hopefully for others, get but glimpses into the ethereal meanings of these precious works of art.
Reading the Tarot is an art, to me. And you are opening to a more profound side of the art of Tarot... :)
Also, the Wheel of Fortune isn't a roulette wheel and it isn't a game!

And I, along with you, have also seen it before as a cycle change signal to cross over to the other side...

Thirteen

Vadella said:
You could take it as if she was taking a chance or roll of the dice with this transplant.
A very good point.

I'm sorry for your loss, Catherine. This must have been very hard for you.

As to your question: The thing is that a transplant would have been more "status quo." You would have been glad for it, but transplants are tricky and uncertain things, and there would have been more of the same after the operation: Carol still in the hospital, doctors monitoring her to see if the transplant succeeded, medicines being tried to stabilize her condition, etc.

The Wheel indicates a change, a new stage of being. And, in this case, that is what happened. Carol is no longer in that "status quo" situation of waiting to see if she'll get better or not. She has moved onto the next stage. I know that probably doesn't make this any easier on you, but I hope it'll make the Wheel's message more comprehensible.

crazy raven

successgoodhealth said:
Catherine, I always see The Wheel of Fortune card X (ten) like this:

Ten meaning a "completion" of fate or destiny...
Completions (sometimes, ten's in Tarot) CAN signal endings also...
The wheel of fate turns and changes your life...
...it can also release someone from burdens...

At the time you drew this card, Carol was suffering...
and a "completion" of fate or change of her destiny was coming to her...

And when you cross over to the other side, that is a good, fortunate and happy turn of fate,
so they say there. :)

So, it could have indicated to you that she would happily, and easily
pass over to the other side.

And you are right, normally the upright position of this card is positive
in our earthly way of thinking...
but in her case of suffering, and with the possibility of a lung operation that might have caused her more suffering...
...she chose to go out with the hand of fate changing for her...but in a "positive" light of release
from suffering and of finding final peace on the other side.

All this just proves that we should NEVER take any Tarot card for granted!
Because there are a lot of
deeper spiritual meanings behind those amazing images!!! We as readers, speaking really for myself,
but hopefully for others, get but glimpses into the ethereal meanings of these precious works of art.
Reading the Tarot is an art, to me. And you are opening to a more profound side of the art of Tarot... :)
Also, the Wheel of Fortune isn't a roulette wheel and it isn't a game!

And I, along with you, have also seen it before as a cycle change signal to cross over to the other side...

This is so beautifully written sgh. Thank you.

Grizabella

Tarot-of-Glass said:
That night I decided to pull one Tarot card about Carol’s future. Would she get the transplant? Would it go well? Not at all? How will she be in the future? Those were the feelings/thoughts I had when I pulled the card. I know it wasn’t too specific, but that’s what was on my mind when I pulled the card.

Bolding added by me to illustrate that you had a lot of confusion boiling around when you pulled the card but no real question.

See, here's the thing---I've found that if you don't ask a specific question, then you're not going to get a specific answer. You didn't really have a specific question so therefore you didn't really get an answer, in my opinion.

For instance:

Would she get the transplant?

You'd get one answer from the Wheel for this question.

Would it go well?

This would be a different answer from the Wheel.

Not at all?

Yet another answer.

How will she be in the future?

A fourth answer.

So think back to everything that happened and what the answers were that the Wheel would have given to each of these four questions. They'd have all been different even if subtle but subtleties can be major things.

You needed to ask just one question. Then the Wheel could have answered you.

Coming back to answer the question of whether I've ever had the Wheel mean death. I haven't had it mean someone's impending death, but have had it refer to a past death indicating that they'd moved on to what comes next and that it was intended to be.

willowfox

Tarot-of-Glass said:
I have a family member (Carol) who was in the hospital waiting for a lung transplant. We were visiting with her mom last Saturday, and Carol was not doing well at all. That night I decided to pull one Tarot card about Carol’s future. Would she get the transplant? Would it go well? Not at all? How will she be in the future? Those were the feelings/thoughts I had when I pulled the card. I know it wasn’t too specific, but that’s what was on my mind when I pulled the card.

The wheel is about natural cycles of change, birth, life, death. In this case Carol has completed her cycle and moved on. Fate/destiny has decided that her future looked bleak after the operation and that she would never recover properly, so the cycle ended and she has now moved on to something better. With hindsight it fits, but standing at her bedside selecting the wheel does not.

obsidian_queen

Just found this out...The World means death too.

I've been using the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot, and I was reading on the health status of a friend's uncle who's been suffering dreadfully from cancer for some time. Recently his health took a turn for the worse, and I pulled a three card spread, with the card "Carnival" or the World for the outcome of the situation. In French the word means "Farewell to the flesh", and while it mostly applied to the carnal aspect when thinking of "flesh" here I instantly took it to mean leaving one's earthly form behind...I felt he would pass over soon, and my friend agreed, telling me afterward that he'd been given his last rites already. This gentleman had fought this disease bravely for a year. At one point it went into remission, and he said that it was because he would not leave this earth until he had finished what he'd come to do. He spent time with his family, his grandkids, travelled and lived life as much as possible until the cancer returned and he was too sick to walk. Two days ago, I pulled one card to see how he was doing. Carnival again. When I called my friend, she told me he'd died early that morning. Just thought of this when the cyclical nature of the Wheel was mentioned...