This seems too easy

ihcoyc

1:53 AM, Oct. 2, 2011; New Albany, Indiana. (Alcabitius)

I have been brushing up my astrology over the past six weeks or so; studied it seriously back in the mid 1970s but let it slide because I was daunted by all the math, and preferentially turned to Tarot.

At any rate, on another message board I frequent, a question arose. A frequent poster mentioned that he was planning to attend the Occupy Wall Street protests in the New York area. This was the day when all the arrests happened. A number of people were concerned. I was too. He hadn't been seen online at times when he was usually active. So I made a chart for my location and time, in the wee hours of the morning, for the question, "What's happening with GK?"

Old news: Mars (I) is applying square to Jupiter (X, Rx). These are big, outside world issues. A basic philosophical disagreement. People in general are not thinking clearly, and anger makes it worse. Jobs are involved. So are questions about core national identity. Duh.

But what of the object of these several posters' concern? I took the chart as being basically about the person in question. Cancer is rising, so what's the Moon doing? The Moon is in Sagittarius, in the fifth house. The Moon is in no distress there, and is serially applying or leaving sextiles with the glom in Libra.

Conclusion 1: he is well and in no danger.
Conclusion 2: he has a life away from keyboard. Damn him! Don't worry us like that.

And later on that morning, he appeared and posted in the thread again.

It can't really be this easy and clear, can it?

dadsnook2000

The short answer

The short answer is . . . yes.

The long answer is that oftentimes our view of events, knowledge of the person, or the complexity of a given chart yields a resounding NO! The secret between the Yes and No charts, people, events, etc. is to have a concise idea of what you are looking for, the type of chart you are using relative to that investigation, and keep what you see within the context of the situation and scale of the issue. Dave

Minderwiz

Usually in such a chart the first house is given to the questioner,that's you and he, as the subject of your questioner, would get the seventh (unless he's a friend or relative)

There are exceptions, such as when you are asking on his behalf, or you have major role in the question - he's clearly the subject.

So do you have a vested interest in what is happening? If so you are the Moon and he is Saturn. With Capricorn on the Descendant, Saturn in Libra is either in the fourth by whole signs, but could be third to fifth using a quadrant system.

Third (his ninth) - he's been at college or been in a court case or been on a long journey.

Fourth (his tenth) - he's been at work or doing his own thing.

Fifth (his eleventh) - he's been out with friends

Whatever the house, Saturn in Libra is in exaltation - so he's fine but as Saturn is Combustion he's keeping out of sight.

Your original reading is fine if you're disinterested, if you have genuine concerns and are interested then he's Saturn. Either way, it seems he's fine and doing well.

ihcoyc

Usually in such a chart the first house is given to the questioner,that's you and he, as the subject of your questioner, would get the seventh (unless he's a friend or relative)

There are exceptions, such as when you are asking on his behalf, or you have major role in the question - he's clearly the subject.

So do you have a vested interest in what is happening? If so you are the Moon and he is Saturn. With Capricorn on the Descendant, Saturn in Libra is either in the fourth by whole signs, but could be third to fifth using a quadrant system.

Third (his ninth) - he's been at college or been in a court case or been on a long journey.

Fourth (his tenth) - he's been at work or doing his own thing.

Fifth (his eleventh) - he's been out with friends

Whatever the house, Saturn in Libra is in exaltation - so he's fine but as Saturn is Combustion he's keeping out of sight.

Your original reading is fine if you're disinterested, if you have genuine concerns and are interested then he's Saturn. Either way, it seems he's fine and doing well.

I set up the chart mostly in the spirit of, "let's see if this sheds any light". So I am pretty much disinterested.

Another thing I noted is that the rising sign is in a very late degree. I've read that this situation may mean that the results should be read in light of the fact that astrology or the astrologer is being put to the test. And this, too, is true in the case of this chart.