Timing Smiming ;)

Zingara12

I read about a system for timing...

Swords - hours to days

Cups - days to weeks

Wands - weeks to months

Pentacles - months to years

Now they did not say how to impliment this method...any ideas, please?

Hemera

I have another one in my tarot diary. (I remember this is from some LWB, but I haven´t a got a clue which one..)

Wands: within days

Swords: within weeks

Cups: within months

Pentacles: a year or more

Zingara12

Thanks Hemera

Can you please tell me how you impliment this in your reading?

aranarose

Generally, with timing systems like that, you look at the final outcome or any sort of future cards.

For instance, suppose that the 10 of Wands was in a position labeled as future. This might indicate that the timing of the reading is 10 weeks. The 4 of Swords might indicate that the timing is 4 days.

Discordia

^
I do mine a wee bit differently - often, I do the spread and pull an extra card for 'timing'.

I haven't a system for using Majors or Court Cards to estimate timing, however.

I use the same indicators that Hemera uses, with a numeral on the card indicating quantity of days, weeks, ect.

x.

SekhemNefer

Can the court cards just tell you the seasons since they don't have numbers. Example, each suit represents a season. A season is 3 months long. Four courts would be 3 months divided by 4. So 90 days divided by 4 equals 22.4 for each Court Card.

So let's say that the Outcome is Page Pentacles for timing, then that means the first 22.4 days of Fall (if the consensus is that Pentacles = Fall, or whatever system you use). Since Fall starts on Sept. 21 Page Pentacles from Sept. 21st to October 11th.

The Major Arcana would be whatever zodiac sign and date the card represents. For instance, the Moon = Pisces (Feb. 21st to March 21st.). However, I don't know what you would do for High Priestess. Yes, that card is influenced by the Moon, but I don't think you can use the Pisces zodiac with this. I think that MAYBE the card is telling you the situation of the event, more than the date.

For example. "When will I meet a new lover?" Moon. Between February 21st to March 21.

Or

"When will I meet a new lover?" High Priestess, a major event that is mysterious or surrounded by the occult. Or you doing research on someone, or someone doing research on how to contact/find you.

This leaves an open ended date.

How do you feel about what I said. I kind of made it up as I went along based on my intuition.

Zingara12

Thank you all...

I cannot wait to try all these tips out.

Hemera

Zingara12 said:
Can you please tell me how you impliment this in your reading?

well, generally I don´t :) I just found this in my Tarot journal so I thought I might add it here..
But if I´d need to ask about timing, I guess I would pull an extra card and see the suit plus other possible hints and intuitions regarding timing. Or I might check the suit of the "future" card in Celtic Cross. I guess there are many possibilities.
I think intuition is important. And I m not sure if I believe in getting very precise dates from tarot either...