Transmundane Deck

Gallagher&Stark

Hi Everyone & thanks for the welcome
ok
my name is Stark & Iwas born in 1957 & Gallagher in 1964
G's degree is in Design from The Glasgow School of Art & S in Fine Art from Gray's School of Art, Aberdeen.
This is our 1st deck &it's coming along nicely with some hidden surprises-we hope.
It will be called the Transmundane Deck.
Any advice on printing & publication would be a help
Cheers all
G&S

baba-prague

The Transmundane Deck - what a great title. Okay, so now we all want to see some examples. I have all sorts of images in my mind :)

I think lots of people here can give advice on printing and publication - and it's well worth searching back over some older threads. Are you thinking of self-publishing or going through a publisher?

Were you in the Art Nouveau/Macintosh buildings of Glasgow School of Art - if so, all I can say is I envy you - fantastic buildings.

Gallagher&Stark

glasgow school of art

No I didn't study there for my degree-strak here- but i did teach there for a while after i got my degree in aberdeen
Gallagher studied there but not in the mackintosh building- nice from the outside but a workshop inside like it was supposed to be & still is a workplace for artists
we'll post images when we can
thanks
again
G&S

rota

"we'll post images when we can."

++++++++

Looking forward to that! Can't wait to see what Scottish sensibilities show up in your deck...!

Gallagher&Stark

re new work in progress

Hi we have nearly completed the Major Arcana in line. We have used inspiration from lots of cultures ancient & modern. Transmundane = 'existing or extending beyond the physical world' describes the feel of the work perfectly. No real 'Scottish' influences at all. It will definitely be in colour . rich, glowing colour. Lots of detail. We have mapped out the general look of the Minor Arcana to compliment and reflect the look of the Major.
Thanks for the advice on looking at past threads for printing & publishing. We will be considering the options.
Cheers everyone
G&S

Gallagher&Stark

Transmundane deck update

Hi everyone the deck is comimg along quite well.
We are just about to start the Minor Arcana. We found that designing the Major was easier. I'm finding the Minor a bit difficult. We have decided on themes for thre Minor suits:
Cups will feature a range of fertility goddesses from world ancient cultures as woman can be described as a vessel & have been worshipped for ages in the form of fertility goddesses.
Swords are based on Bangkok temple guardian figures, some many armed, holding swords.
Wands are based on the Waas sceptres held by Egyptian gods & pharoahs. Coins are based on ancient chinese coins with amonite decoration.
Phew! Now you can see why we're having difficulty but it's good & we're having a great time doing it.
Please post any suggestions or comments. We know its difficult without seeing images but they are just in line at the moment
Cheers all
G&S

Gallagher&Stark

Transmundane Deck update

Hi everyone
Just a note to inform those interested that the Transmundane Deck is progressing after 2 months stalemate. We have overcome certain difficulties, took a holiday in Prague- fantastic archotecture & great beer -- especially Kosel mmm- anyway we should be posting some images in the near future . Thanks to all for their support
Cheers
G&S

baba-prague

I sometimes get the impression that the whole world holidays in Prague!

Kosel is good beer - I have to agree :)