Travel cards

violetdaisy

How many cards can denote physical travel in a tarot deck? I ask because I pulled both the 8 of wands and The Chariot tonight in a read and find myself curious.

aliceinwonderland

How many cards can denote physical travel in a tarot deck? I ask because I pulled both the 8 of wands and The Chariot tonight in a read and find myself curious.

I would add the world and the knights of wands and swords (they both business travellers to me) and the 6 of swords...perhaps also the fool

tarot_quest

Hello,

I agree with the cards mentioned above. To me, the fool already literally meant ''living for another country'' when I asked about a guy that I liked. I got the fool and couple of months after, I heard that he moved to another country for work.

Esk

I agree with you guys, particularly for the chariot and 6 of swords. I've also seen the 3 of wands many times.

dryadintheelm

I have heard that the knights represent travel over their elemental realms, like knight of cups would be travel over water (I'd hate to pull the knight of wands in that interpretation). I've had the knight of pentacles inverted show in a reading where I had an upcoming journey. I made it there okay, but coming home got tricky and was full of delays and frustration getting bus tickets.

violetdaisy

Also got knight of pentacles & he is traveling by car this time.

DiamondsRForever

Hmm

Sounds like he is going to get a speeding ticket. Just kidding. I think travel cards also depend on the energies surrounding the leaving. Three of wands could be a travel card for one who is looking for adventure. As for not so "adventurous" leaves.. 8 of cups, 6 of swords, 5 of cups (leaving to forget about the past), possibly 6 of wands in some cases where the person gets hired at a new location and follows that path.

Enlightenment23

The Eight of Wands can indicate travel, too. Also the 2 of Wands.