Two new decks

Akuts

I've just received two new decks in the mail. :)

The first deck is called Cartes "Lenormand" and is made by F.G. & Co., USA. The box and LWB have a copyright date of 2003. It's a strange little deck with a sort of cheap feel to the box, cards and LWB. The cards have square corners. The front of the box is a copy of the HP Gibson & Sons Ltd 1920s box, but the cards themselves are copies of the Carreras cards. Some are copies of the Carreras cards with playing card insets, while others, for no apparent reason, have the figure insets. For example, there are only two cards with a 6 playing card, cards 2 and 19. The other two cards that should have a 6 (cards 16 and 36) have figure insets!

I looked up F.G. & Co. on the Internet. It seems they make novelty reproduction items, and accuracy isn't one of their priorities.

The second deck is an old Grimaud The Book of Destiny from the 1970s. The cards have square corners and feel very thick. The box says "A superb rendition of an Ancient game, recreated in the 18th century ... Very easy to play." We'll see.

Does anyone else have either of these or know anything about them?

Le Fanu

No I don´t have either of these, but they have the Grimaud Destiny one at my local shop, and Ive often wondered what it´s like. Please keep us posted, Id love to know what it´s like and how you get on with it...