Using Lenormande charged "key card" method with Tarot

Myrrha

If a card has come up in your daily cards a few times and you know the situation it refers to but want more information you could try this:

Take out the card and look at it. Tell it what situation it is about in this case and that you need more information. Put the card back into the deck and shuffle while thinking about this card and the situation.

Deal out the deck in rows of five, seven, nine, whatever feels right to you. When your card comes up look at the two before it and the two after it and make your reading out of those five cards.

It is like fishing with cards.

Just to clarify... you keep dealing out the cards until your charged key card shows up but only the two cards before it, the two after and the key card itself are read.

Ashtaroot

This is exactly what Lon Milo Duquette did when he gave me a reading last year. Also Scions class was about something similar..
Also you can assign a court card to you and read the cards that comes around it...etc..

Pretty cool:)

Alta

I like the idea of this method; I have been having trouble with the King of Swords lately so shall apply this.

Le Fanu

I've done this before. It's not dissimilar to Ana Cortéz' Lost Man Spread.

Useful to see what surrounds you.

Myrrha

This is exactly what Lon Milo Duquette did when he gave me a reading last year. Also Scions class was about something similar..
Also you can assign a court card to you and read the cards that comes around it...etc..

Pretty cool:)

Wow! Lon Milo Duquette is supposed to be an amazing reader. I'd love to have a reading from him. Didn't know Scion taught a class that must have been interesting.

LeFanu, thank you. I will look at Ana's spread and see what she does. I am realizing that dialoguing with the cards works better for me than spreads with set positions and this is like a dialogue, it flows with the daily reading which is like a headline.

Melia

Myrrha I think it's a very effective way to do readings with tarot.

Also, this came from another thread. It's in the same vein as what you have suggested.

I learned this somewhere on the internet, but you need to use the Lovers card.

Pose your question to the Universe..then place the Lovers card into the deck, throughly shuffle and mix the deck.

Spread the deck on the table and find the Lovers card. Remove the card to the left of the Lovers and remove the card to the right of the Lovers.

The card on your left will indicate how you feel about the situition i.e woman.

And the card on the right ( the man ) represents how he feels about the situition.

ghost271

Its funny i came across this thread because i've been thinking of this style for over the past week. You could decide what cards would be Key cards for different situations or questions. Lovers for relationship questions. Justice for legal questions, etc.
I've even just drawn cards off the top of the deck and read each as the next page in a book to tell a story until i get the gut feeling to stop. Then I reshuffle and have another discussion in regards to the next question.

Myrrha

Its funny i came across this thread because i've been thinking of this style for over the past week. You could decide what cards would be Key cards for different situations or questions. Lovers for relationship questions. Justice for legal questions, etc.
I've even just drawn cards off the top of the deck and read each as the next page in a book to tell a story until i get the gut feeling to stop. Then I reshuffle and have another discussion in regards to the next question.

Yes, I think what you said "another discussion" is key. With this kind of method the readings feel very much like a conversation. I love my daily one or two card readings and this is a way to continue the "discussion".